Music app, gapless playback

Nukey Pearce

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, people asked for it and it could well be on it's way.
I received an e-mail today from Uservoice:

gapless.jpg

This could be one of many big updates coming to the Music app soon!

Note: This may be in the wrong forum, and I am unable to delete the post and re-create it in the XBOX Music forum, so feel free to move this post.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
although its not a must have feature for me.....its great to know they are considering it......well having something is better than nothing :)

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes! Finally they've at least acknowledged this issue. Fingers crossed this is now something they can code and release sooner rather than later.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Finally! This is a big feature for me and something I sorely miss from iPhone. WP has come so far in the past 12-18 months. Fingers crossed apps get brought up to IOS/Android quality soon. I've been hanging on in hope since wp7.5

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

While that would be a great feature to have, the lack of gapless playback directly impacts the actual music listening experience. I think that's more, at least a little more, important than a slider to RW/FF. The first and foremost function of the app should be to provide the best actual listening experience in terms of giving the listener exactly what the artist intended.

That said they really do need to improve the app in many areas.

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
While that would be a great feature to have, the lack of gapless playback directly impacts the actual music listening experience. I think that's more, at least a little more, important than a slider to RW/FF. The first and foremost function of the app should be to provide the best actual listening experience in terms of giving the listener exactly what the artist intended.

That said they really do need to improve the app in many areas.

Fair enough. But my listening experience is directly impacted by not being able to skip ahead in long audio... for example - DJ sets... it's as if sliding functionality is banned in the entire OS as I can't seem to find any 3rd party music apps with this function that play songs stored on the phone

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
where how who what?
In fact, they even announced biweekly updates, starting today. Isn't that good news?

"And for those Xbox Music users running the WP8.1 Developer Preview, starting next week you will start to see the first update in the Windows Phone Store for the 8.1 Xbox Music application, followed by ongoing updates every two weeks.

Here is what’s coming in WP8.1 Xbox Music application update week of April 22nd.

Numerous stability fixes, including many of the reported black screens
Cortana integration is complete and now supports playing playlists by name
UI polish to improve animations and transitions between UI views
Improved messaging for encountered errors, such as unplayable content in collections
Background initial sync of local and cloud content"

Source: Xbox Music – Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview - Microsoft Community

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster