Facebook Integration WP 8.1 Preview

RushabK

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've tried to search the forums on this topic and there's a lot of mixed answers on this. Like many of you, I upgraded to 8.1 developers preview and discovered that the traditional FB integration through the OS has been removed and replaced in 8.1 through the FB App (not the Beta version). I linked my phone to the FB app and everything synced fine (FB Contacts, pictures, etc.). This all has been working great for over a week until yesterday, when I noticed that my FB contacts are missing in the People Hub and that the FB pictures used as my contact's profile pictures are also missing. I've restarted the phone several times and tried to manually connect the FB App in the People Hub and in Settings but have been unsuccessful. I am hesitant to do a hard reset at the moment.

Basically FB has stopped syncing with my phone (although oddly the news feed shows up in the What's New of the People hub). Has anyone else come across this same issue? If so, what was the fix?

Thanks in advance.

RushabK

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Open Facebook app and go into settings and tap on connect with my phone and then tap on sync now.

Thanks Himanshu. I forgot about this step. I had done this when I initially upgraded to 8.1. All is syncing with FB now after doing this step again. It's unfortunate that I had to do this step again.

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey, similiar issue here. Facebook notifications on both the lockscreen notification icon (at the bottom) and on the notification center. Essentially, I don't get any notifications at all unless I have toast notifications on. The app is set up to Sync with my phone.

A second issue is that for whatever reason not all Facebook contacts are syncing with my contact book. Of major importance... my wife >-< is not showing up.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140427_0001.png

I dont know why, but Facebook Sync has never ever been a success for me in WP8.1 DP... Does anyone else get the same message? NB: My network is working fine

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
There were a few things to have to set up in the people hub. They removed the old FB sync way for this new one. There's a great article on WPcentral about how this new process works and it is going to be much better than the previous way. Might help to check out out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb