WP8.1, Cortana & Bing Rewards

jonhtyler

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have "binged" for this answer, but so far have not been able to find anything definitive. Is it possible to sign in to get Bing Rewards when using Search on WP8.1 with or without Cortana? If not, is there any indication that it will be included in a future update?

anon(5408816)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have "binged" for this answer, but so far have not been able to find anything definitive. Is it possible to sign in to get Bing Rewards when using Search on WP8.1 with or without Cortana? If not, is there any indication that it will be included in a future update?

Ironically, I just asked the Bing Rewards team about that. Here is the response:

Hi Scott,

This is Alyssa of Bing rewards Customer Support.

We appreciate that you're interested in the Bing Rewards program thru Windows Phone. Currently, Bing Rewards is only available to iOs and android mobile devices. Windows Phone users will have to wait for the next release of Bing Rewards for Mobile.

We will appreciate if you can share us your feedback. This input is valuable to us and be assured that we'll review the feedback that you will submit as this will help us in making improvements to serve you better.

You can send us feedback thru this link. Thank you and have a great day.

Kindest Regards,

-Alyssa-

The Bing Rewards Team - http://bing.com/rewards

And here is the link to submit feedback. I know I will be and I can only imagine that more feedback from the community will provide us with a more timely response.

https://feedback.discoverbing.com/d...ea=TEXT_MRWHPG_Dec_Offers_Feedback_1x1&scrx=1

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
"Currently available of ios and android devices"... Since Bing Rewards is confined to the US only it's imperative that they make available it for windows phone as well asap. Idiocy like this is not doing WP any favors in the US.

jonhtyler

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow...I am a little shocked at this response...*Microsoft* Bing Rewards on everything but Windows Phone. I will certainly be filing feedback to the team on this one. That just seems a bit ridiculous. Windows Phone should be the first to get it ahead of Android and iOS.

I do a lot of "searches" in my spare time while I am out and about waiting for something elsewhere, so I could really rack up some points on that platform.

Thanks for the reply. I am enjoying the WPCentral site and forum.

anon(5408816)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It also doesn't work when using the built-in search function in Windows 8.1+. It seems like a fairly glaring oversight. I expected Windows Phone 8.1 to include support and the link to the Bing Rewards page was promising in the Search options but their response suggests that it would be activated in a *future* update of Bing Rewards for Mobile. What the hell is that anyway? Bing Rewards for Mobile? It's like they are making it up as they go.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone tried switching IE to desktop mode and signing into Bing to search and get points?

That's worked since WP8, but obviously it's not as convenient as the native phone search/Cortana. I would hope this is something that isn't far off. Most likely just backend updates that need enabling.

jonhtyler

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
They now advertise that it will work on the Windows Phone devices. See this link... www .
bing . com
/explore/rewards-mobile

You will need to rehydrate the URL from the above snippets. Apparently you can't post a link with under 10 posts, which I don't have.

opusthecat

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I can verify it works on both "desktop mode" and "mobile mode" for my 1520's web browser---I signed in to my account on the Bing page, did two searches on my phone using the magnifying glass button and I had a credit to my account using both versions. Make sure to click the "Stay signed in" box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6