Transparent tiles, which are you wanting?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
So we are all aware of the new tile transparency feature for start screen "backgrounds". Cool feature IMO. What apps are you still wanting/hoping will get updates to allow for this effect? Here are some of mine:

Bing apps
Onedrive
Facebook
Twitter
Nokia apps

Those are the big ones for me, some tiles I use I just can't see how they would go transparent without giving up their functionality and/or style, but I guess an option for a plain tile would be good for some people in those cases. Here's my screen currently, and having the above apps be transparent capable would make it virtually 100% complete:

http://1drv.ms/1f0aE4F

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Some, if not all, of the Bing apps, Facebook, Twitter, and some of the Nokia apps can be made transparent using "Start Perfect" if you don't care about the Live Tile functionality of them.

For me, some of those apps, like Here Drive and Here Maps don't really need a Live Tile and for others like Bing Sports, Bing Health and Fitness, Facebook and Twitter, I don't really care for the Live Tile, so I've used Start Perfect to make much of those apps transparent.

Eventually, I'd love to see all the main apps support transparency, using Start Perfect just for apps from companies that don't want to/haven't updated their apps, like we'll probably have with apps like Bank of America, Chase, PayPal, Amazon, eBay, etc.

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, users should have total control over tiles being transparent or solid. There should be an option to switch between the two states of any tiles of any app.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, users should have total control over tiles being transparent or solid. There should be an option to switch between the two states of any tiles of any app.

Indeed - just like with MoliPlayer where you can choose whether to follow Moli or your theme. That's a nice start. And I don't like the idea of having a shortcut app - there's always lag when booting up the app, just like with Transparency Tiles. It's a nice idea and the app itself works smoothly, but Xbox Music for example, crashes almost always using the tile from Transparency Tiles. I would also add Line btw - just any app should offer it. I am glad Microsoft created the concept of the background behind the tiles - so developers stop their way of trying to impose their design views on the users. I understand the concept of branding, but this concept annoys. I have unpinned the app Line for this reason. Consequently, I always use WhatsApp now - too bad Line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb