OneDrive and battery drain??

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has come across this?

After updating to 8.1 .... when I open OneDrive it no longer lets me sign out as it did previously with 8.0.
Not sure if its at all connected to battery drain. But when I try to enter settings (inside OneDrive) there is an area that's grayed out saying " uploading in progress" .
Even though I don't use OneDrive to store docs, or pics.

Was wondering if with the Preview download, things got locked up with OneDrive somehow.

Battery saver says its not running in background. Phone + camera settings ~ I don't have auto upload enabled.
Hoping MS comes across this and can either answer this post or read it and look into how OneDrive is performing with the new Developers Preview 8.1

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140422_0005.jpg
    wp_ss_20140422_0005.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 3

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It's in grey because you don't have any uploads going on if there were uploads it would change to black and make it available for you to cancel it!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Onedrive now uses your phone Microsoft ID to sign-in.
The area is grated put because there isn't any upload in progress and you can not cancel them. If you have any pic upload pending , you may cancel the process by taping on that option.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ~ :wink:

Didn't know if "OneDrive" got hung up with the Developers Preview update, and could be a cause of battery drain.

Did all the resets already. Got like 2 apps running in background (WPCentral and battery saver). And still getting mediocre battery life.(bout 7 or 8 hours with moderate use) .... Guess I'll just have to wait for an update and see what happens.

Seems like everyone is searching for reasons for battery drain. :smile:

Last edited:

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I also checked that ... thanks again .... :smile:

Battery saver doesn't show any app, that's really sucking up battery life.
Its why I'm so confused.
But prior to DP update, I could easily get 25 - 30 hours (with same useage I do now).

Maybe Cortana?
Maybe Location?

But sure is frustrating.

Thank you again hope4wp.
:cool:

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I've disabled most of my background tasks! they're not worth it :p and location/cortana take up a lot of battery! they're like hungry monsters! my phone is getting used to it now.... :D it takes time! Hold on

Last edited:

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Time .... and ..... Patience. :wink:

But yeah .... I'll hold on a few more days. See what drainage is like then.
But thought after a week (or so), the battery would have settled in by now and returned to that 25 - 30 hours I was getting.

Guess I just need "hope4wp" too!!

:wink::smile::grin:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This is still a preview of OS. Final build will fix most of the issues , including battery drain on most of the devices. With Nokia cyan firmware update , you will get proper drivers :wink:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hope you're right and thanks for insight.

With my carrier? (Tmob) .... could be August before they send out updates!
:amaze:

arghh I hate waiting for updates from carriers , glad Microsoft opened dev preview program for peeps to get early access to OS level updates , but if one want firmware updates , sadly they are in hands of carrier :sad:
lol my android device never get updates from my carrier :p

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah ... I did the same (disabled OneDrive from running in background) ....hasn't helped yet.
The search continues ~ :amaze:

And you can't delete OneDrive from app list .... even though I don't use it to store docs, or pics.
Early on, I was in favor of having an eco system (MS) that connected everything; not so sure I'm still a fan of having everything Microsoft, connected now.
Too many places to look now for "hangups" .... when battery weirds out on ya.

But thanks!

I'm beginning to personally think that's its Cortana (sorry Babe, love ya, but you're the new kid on my phone with bad battery drain) .... or .... my carriers signal strength. I'm noticing more and more that once I start using Wi-Fi and location .... that's when I start seeing a drop in battery life.

Not to mention ~ notifications I had on for WPCentral (yep)
Only notifications I allow now are 2 email accounts and of course texts.
One email account set to sync every 2 hours, other that I need set to sync every hour.

See how this goes?!?
:cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa