ViewRanger alternative for windows phone

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I am in the UK and can make use of OS Maps. I use an Android tablet to run Viewranger and other apps which do not run on my WM phone.

Mohammad Reza2

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Gomezz but I didn't quiet comprehend, by OS maps did you mean the Operating System maps on the windows phone? or Ordnance Survey maps of the UK?

Also I needed a program with the capabilities of ViewRanger to run on my Lumia 925.

Thanks again.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The Ordnance Survey maps. Useful as an adjunct to the Here maps for viewing the lay of the land when out walking in the countryside.

Mohammad Reza2

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again, but what I really wanted was to go out and track exactly where I'm going with my 925, or plan a route on my PC and follow that on my phone, like a proper GPS app. Oh well, I'll wait hopefully ViewRanger will develop an app for windows phone.

planty

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I find this attitude really unfathomable from companies, I mean they develop for BB10, Symbian and Android Watches so the market share/limited resources argument is null and void!!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I find this attitude really unfathomable from companies, I mean they develop for BB10, Symbian and Android Watches so the market share/limited resources argument is null and void!!

Yeah, some people still think blackberry has a sizable market share... or someone higher up in the chain uses a BB and demands compatibility.

cwglindn

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I "heard" you can run viewranger on windowsphone with bluestacks. I have not tried it yet, but I will eventually get around to it. Anyone else tried this yet?

Keep sending requests to viewranger. They must have felt hurt with the whole Nokia to Microsoft thing, because they were such a large supporter of Nokia and the Symbian system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077