skype not showing in my dialer when calling someone

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
when i call someone skype is not showing in my account even though i have skype installed in my phone

wp_ss_20140422_0001.jpg

has anyone else encountered such a problem???????????????????????????????

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem at first as well. The only way I was able to do it was by a hard reset. It seems updating, but not doing a fresh install can cause some issues, at least for me it seemed.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
As mentioned Skype needs an update before that will work in 8.1. That said, if you have it installed it should show it there, but greyed out. If you go to Settings -> applications -> phone and scroll to the bottom, what does it say under Video calls? Mine has Skype greyed out as that's the only video phone app I have installed. Maybe you have something else?

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The Skype needs an update part isn't true as mine works after I did fresh install of 8.1. It seems to open it up in the background and prepare the call when you hit the button, then hangs up your phone call and then proceeds to call your contact on Skype. When I tried it with a few people it seem to call each on their computer and not through the phone, so hopefully the Skype update will fix that part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo