Is Upgrading to windows 8.1 developer preview may void warranty?

Rajat Jain

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I am from India and i own a Nokia Lumia 720. I had upgraded to windows 8.1 developer preview and now i am thinking that will it cause any warranty problems to my phone?
I had 8 months of warranty left. tell me Please.? :shocked: :straight:

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I am from India and i own a Nokia Lumia 720. I had upgraded to windows 8.1 developer preview and now i am thinking that will it cause any warranty problems to my phone?
I had 8 months of warranty left. tell me Please.? :shocked: :straight:

Hey Rajat,
Microsoft state in their terms and conditions of the Preview for Developers program that it may void your warranty.
This does not mean that it definitely void your warranty, but might cause hassle when taking it into Nokia or your carrier for repairs.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Frankly I wouldn't worry much about it if your phone is functioning well.
The true release is coming before your warranty is up anyway.

By the way Rajat.
Welcome to WPC!

kr_prashant

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Rajat, I am also from India, own a Lumia 720 and upgraded it to WP 8.1. I have an Care Protect extended warranty too.
But I think we can hide this warranty void from Nokia Care... As I have checked Nokia site is showing my phone in warranty and so whle going to Nokia Care for any Hardware issue I will change the settings s that it will look like Lumia Black. Also in Extras + Info it show Lumia Black only...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can revert back to the stock rom by flashing with Nokia Software Updater if you've a Lumia. For instructions, search the internet (hint: xda-developers or wpcentral forums)

salimkhan786

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
i also have the extended warranty of a year... i installed preview on my lumia..... so when the official version of os comes out, will it still void my warranty?? please reply

roc_ren

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey Rajat,
Microsoft state in their terms and conditions of the Preview for Developers program that it may void your warranty.
This does not mean that it definitely void your warranty, but might cause hassle when taking it into Nokia or your carrier for repairs.
I did not void my warranty when I upgraded to GDR3 Developer Preview, and I successfully rolled back to GDR2 at the Nokia service department.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you're stuck like the rest of us. If you upgrade DP, you put your warranty at risk. Period, end of story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium