Why I don't like about word flow keyboard?

Aashish Chokhani

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am sure most of the folks on the WP8.1 preview are really enjoying the use of the word flow keyboard. While I love it as well, there are some reasons I really prefer not using it, as below:

• When swiping, you have to finish swiping the entire word before the kepboard will guess what word you were trying to type. Before word flow, in a number of instances, the phone guessed the word the moment I would type 2 or 3 letters. And this improved as I continued to use the keyboard
  • Earlier (before word flow), the moment you hit the space button or choose one of the suggested words, the phone would immediately suggest the next word you were intending to type. Again, the accuracy of the guess improved as you used the keyboard. In swipe mode, since you are not hitting space to move on to the next word, there are no suggestions thrown by the keyboard. The only suggestion is of the word you have just swiped.

Essentially where I am going is in the non-swipe mode, the keyboard actually does a good job of guessing your conversation, which does not happen in word flow.

While I enjoy using it every now and then, I think I really liked the old keyboard a lot.

Do any others feel the same?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've found that if you hit the space bar after you've finished swiping and gotten your word, the predictor kicks back in just like it used to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss