Update of Music app out today?

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I know its a dev preview but I mean its a simple app that plays music, why is it sooooo horrible? Did they not bother to test it themselves for at least one minute before they released the app?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I know its a dev preview but I mean its a simple app that plays music, why is it sooooo horrible? Did they not bother to test it themselves for at least one minute before they released the app?

In the time Zune was degraded to Xbox music now, Google created a cloud music collection and added subscription service to its phone. I mean - the Xbox music experienced on Windows phone 8.0 was bad - how can they managed to make it worse???? This always befuddles me.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

The beta app is just a placeholder. You should be lucky that it plays music. Why you expected consumer quality is beyond me.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The beta app is just a placeholder. You should be lucky that it plays music. Why you expected consumer quality is beyond me.

Given that it never worked well, the expectation is that it had hit bottom in 8.0. No one expected the 8.1 Music app to get worse. Maybe stay the same, but not worse. That's why.

I signed up for the Music Pass, but so far, it's not worth it for me. I'm hoping that with the update it will improve.

I wish they acquire Spotify. Someone mentioned it here and I truly think it would be an amazing idea.

I also totally agree with ULOP3Z. It's a freaking music app! Look at Google Music and imitate. There's less shame in that than in producing the current dysfunctional music app. It lacks compared to Pandora and Spotify in terms of creating mixes, and variety. It lacks against Google Music in terms of functionality and being able to stream your own music from the cloud without restrictions. I won't compare it to iTunes as I don't have recent experience it.

I feel silly, myself. I hated the app before getting the pass and still wanted to give MS a shot. I thought it can't be that bad and maybe I'm not getting all the benefits because I don't have the pass. Nothing changed.

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Why you expected consumer quality is beyond me.
Why Microsoft's music application gets worse with each new WP release is beyond me. I have had it with their incompetence. Now that Alex Garden will soon be gone, things can only get better. Poor Zynga, maybe Garden will dump their working products and replace them with inferior ones. Well, most definitely, because that's how he does it.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Since the original tip-off cam from WPC, it would be nice if someone made an official comment on the lack of appearance of the update....

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Since the original tip-off cam from WPC, it would be nice if someone made an official comment on the lack of appearance of the update....

Not WPC actually. It was first just Joe Belfiore tweeting an update is coming. Then on Microsoft answers there is a lengthy post promising an host coming on April 22nd (later Chang to week of April 22nd).

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It better be out by tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise those arrogant snots on answers.microsoft.com better come up with an excuse. The current app is utter crap.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
It better be out by tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise those arrogant snots on answers.microsoft.com better come up with an excuse. The current app is utter crap.

ooh, somebody is really angry. cool down dude, it happens. they have given so much new, some crap comes with it. they will be giving nice one soon.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I'm really sad to see what the WP fan base has become.. :unhappy:

Nobody pushed anybody to install WP 8.1. While the core is a finished product with so many cool features and new APIs, the associated apps are what makes it the "preview". Facebook, Music, Games, Videos, Lockscreens, Messaging... First things first. Get the framework done, then build upon it. People, please, calm down, you're embarrassing yourselves.

weightypillow

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Nobody pushed anybody to install WP 8.1. While the core is a finished product with so many cool features and new APIs, the associated apps are what makes it the "preview". Facebook, Music, Games, Videos, Lockscreens, Messaging... First things first. Get the framework done, then build upon it. People, please, calm down, you're embarrassing yourselves.

Agreed, this was optional. Personally think the update has been awesome in general, plus there are other great music players that will work perfectly in the mean time like Extreme Music and GoMusic

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Not WPC actually. It was first just Joe Belfiore tweeting an update is coming. Then on Microsoft answers there is a lengthy post promising an host coming on April 22nd (later Chang to week of April 22nd).

Understood, I just meant that I am sure the WPC guys/gals have better information paths than us speculators, is there someone they could poke with a stick to get some sort of comment?

(I have a stick they can borrow)

Ahmed Gharib

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

They said "the week of April 22nd", so that means anywhere from April22nd to April 29th. Also would they be arrogant snots if they just hadn't announced anything at all and released it when they felt like releasing it? Just some food for thought.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah.. No one was forced to install the 8.1 update, but they have been really slow with the update. The official update should've been hit by now. I mean they are really moving at snail's pace. If they want to defeat iOS and Android, they gotta move their arses really fast. What makes me sad that MSFT has the potential but doesn't use it. Just see at the situation they are in. All the reviewers and all the persons use Windows for their work, and still they say bad things about MSFT. The largest tech company, and everyone is spitting things about them. How come MSFT be so stubborn?? Don't they get angry or something. It makes me really sad..

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

To be honest, Xbox music beta has been out since last December. For those who paid $99 to use their music pass service, should they get a usable app on their windows phone? 8.1 is not an excuse when 8.0's app is equally bad. Saying preview makes it sound like we had a usable solution in previous years, unfortunately, we didn't.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Agreed 100%! I don't know what happened in the past couple of months and especially after the 8.1 Dev Preview but the forums exploded with nothing but whining and crying. Updates are coming folks!

Either relax and let the devs figure out all the bugs and kinks or just switch back to 8.0 for now. You people are pissed off because you, yourself, installed preview software (whether it's the final build or not) where not all apps are final (maybe they're not beta but they are not final). No one forced you to install that preview software. It truly is embarrassing for yourselves. You can't expect software to be 100% from the first release and if you do, well, I have a bridge to sell you.

I can only imagine what it would be like if everyone complaining started out with WP7.0 like I did!! Sheesh...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium