Update of Music app out today?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
What about those who paid for Xbox music pass? Are they entitled to using the service on the phone they've paid for

Yes, they are entitled to that...and they can have that on Windows Phone 8. Any time you update to pre-release software, you should know that things won't be 100% perfect. You have to give them time to work these kinks out, and if you aren't willing to do that, then you shouldn't be using pre-release software as your daily driver. Besides, this doesn't prevent you from using Xbox Music on Windows 8, Xbox, through the web, etc., which are all also included as part of your subscription.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
What about those who paid for Xbox music pass? Are they entitled to using the service on the phone they've paid for

I *do* pay for music pass, and whilst the music app may be unfinished, I dont have any problems listening to my music pass tracks, do I understand from this comment that it is not working for you?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I *do* pay for music pass, and whilst the music app may be unfinished, I dont have any problems listening to my music pass tracks, do I understand from this comment that it is not working for you?

Besides it's laggy, the constant black screen is infuriating, and they refuses to show my albums

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Besides it's laggy, the constant black screen is infuriating, and they refuses to show my albums

I'm subscribed as well, the app is a bit slow and shuffle is broken, don't see black screens and see my albums. So just like with any update there will be different types of issues with different users

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

Laggy, I grant you, but then so is much else on the 620 right now, however, the black screen and missing albums is not something I have experienced, so maybe it is not entirely app related?

Sorry that I seem to be doing better than you on that score (genuine, not sarcasm)

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they are entitled to that...and they can have that on Windows Phone 8. Any time you update to pre-release software, you should know that things won't be 100% perfect. You have to give them time to work these kinks out, and if you aren't willing to do that, then you shouldn't be using pre-release software as your daily driver. Besides, this doesn't prevent you from using Xbox Music on Windows 8, Xbox, through the web, etc., which are all also included as part of your subscription.
But the music player before windows phone 8.1 is also bad - the sync is broken, the beta Xbox music app is so laggy and needs to connect to internet to play downloaded music - so whether this app is per release or not doesn't really matter.

Also, should I carry a Xbox around to use Xbox music pass? Being available on other places doesn't solve the buggy app.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Laggy, I grant you, but then so is much else on the 620 right now, however, the black screen and missing albums is not something I have experienced, so maybe it is not entirely app related?

Sorry that I seem to be doing better than you on that score (genuine, not sarcasm)

I don't have 620, I have 925.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Just learned that "Laggy" isn't a real word.

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
as a die hard music lover that have 30 GB+ at his little L520 I'm frustrated with this xbox music app...I manage to pass the time until the update with cortana to play my playlists and artists instead of going through the music app

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
as a die hard music lover that have 30 GB+ at his little L520 I'm frustrated with this xbox music app...I manage to pass the time until the update with cortana to play my playlists and artists instead of going through the music app

I have 55GB of music on my phone and it is nearly impossible to listen to music at all. I am using a 1520. I had that card in a 520 using windows 8.0 and had no problems.

Also, I am tired of hearing morons say this is a pre-release. I for one am talking about the Xbox music app. This app has been out on 8.0 and it was bad there, it's just we had the music and video hub. Look at what Microsoft has been doing with music in all it's platforms. Do you really think if nobody said anything they would magically do a 180 and get it right. This is the direction they have been working on and they need feedback not a bunch of sheep.

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have 55GB of music on my phone and it is nearly impossible to listen to music at all. I am using a 1520. I had that card in a 520 using windows 8.0 and had no problems.

Also, I am tired of hearing morons say this is a pre-release. I for one am talking about the Xbox music app. This app has been out on 8.0 and it was bad there, it's just we had the music and video hub. Look at what Microsoft has been doing with music in all it's platforms. Do you really think if nobody said anything they would magically do a 180 and get it right. This is the direction they have been working on and they need feedback not a bunch of sheep.

I think they got plenty of feedback and maybe I'm too optimistic but I think we gonna have better app with the supposedly near coming update

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

After doing the update i too suffered the constant updating dots. In the end I bit the bullet and reset the Phone completely and loaded my music once again. That solved it for me, no more refreshing all the time and reasonable response from the app. If you're desperate if might be worth a try.

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
After doing the update i too suffered the constant updating dots. In the end I bit the bullet and reset the Phone completely and loaded my music once again. That solved it for me, no more refreshing all the time and reasonable response from the app. If you're desperate if might be worth a try.

i'll try it but it's still very buggy and slow app but again tnx for the advice!

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Agreed 100%! I don't know what happened in the past couple of months and especially after the 8.1 Dev Preview but the forums exploded with nothing but whining and crying. Updates are coming folks!

Either relax and let the devs figure out all the bugs and kinks or just switch back to 8.0 for now. You people are pissed off because you, yourself, installed preview software (whether it's the final build or not) where not all apps are final (maybe they're not beta but they are not final). No one forced you to install that preview software. It truly is embarrassing for yourselves. You can't expect software to be 100% from the first release and if you do, well, I have a bridge to sell you.

I can only imagine what it would be like if everyone complaining started out with WP7.0 like I did!! Sheesh...

I agree with you, but WP 8.0 version is also bad. The complaint isn't version specific to 8.1. At least to me.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So its Friday and late in the day and still no update - was that update this week true? They shouldn't break promises on little things like this. I am disappointed but I CAN live with it. I have Xbox Music Pass and am in for the long haul but its very discouraging as a user who boasts how great WP is to my Android and Apple buddies who hate on WP every chance they get. Especially with great hardware (and software - even though some would disagree) coming from Android and iOS....

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com

On WP8.0 the xbox music app was considered a beta, the 8.1 version is a port of that version to be a universal app. In terms of Xbox music itself, they've been pretty steadily improving it. The initial version was crap but now I use it pretty frequently on my media PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans