05-12-2014 05:18 AM
214 123 ...
tools
    The update comes out today? The application of music is bad, and do not know which player to use while it hehe ...

Does anyone know what time the update comes out?
    04-22-2014 04:21 PM
    I wanna know myself too, and also it's not showing m4a songs on the app too, I hope they fix it
    Leonardo Nunes likes this.
    04-22-2014 04:28 PM
    Any updates??
    04-23-2014 09:28 AM
    They better!
    Since I got my first WP device in 2010, this past week has been the worst week since.
    Even Zune 30 from 2006 had a better playback experience.
    04-23-2014 02:16 PM
    Did you get the update? I still haven't got one
    04-23-2014 04:17 PM
    I hope it comes soon. It's full of so many bugs.
    04-23-2014 04:19 PM
    Is anyone getting the"sorry this item is not available"from the cloud collection??
    04-23-2014 05:27 PM
    Waiting on that update too. Aside the random crashes I can't figure out why it has to re-find my music on every load up of the app. I have one playlist of 100 songs why do I need watch the little loading dots at the top of the screen every time! And I don't want it loading on playlists from my PC. I want only what I loaded onto it to show up. Hate this new app.
    borasar likes this.
    04-23-2014 05:57 PM
    Another reason to hate Xbox Music Hahahahaha!
    What sucks more, The program or the programmers?
    04-23-2014 06:11 PM
    no offense to them, but I think both :P
    04-23-2014 06:15 PM
    Weird how this article
    Xbox Music for Windows Phone 8.1 receiving first update next week; here are the changes | Windows Phone Central
    claims we're supposed to have gotten it yesterday, but nobody's gotten it yet even today. Hopefully they're just taking an extra couple days to make it extra great.... hopefully.... maybe.... please....
    F3rzz and xandros9 like this.
    04-23-2014 06:42 PM
    Sebastion, you're giving yourself blue balls. Waiting for Microsoft to make a great music player is like waiting for the rapture. There are so many problems and so little features on the puny little music app, it's a wonder what could take them so long to correct the few issues they have decided upon. It's best to just get an iPhone if you are a music lover, and use your phone for music mostly.
    04-23-2014 06:47 PM
    Wait a second, the app is in beta state, you can complain but you can't expect zero bugs in a beta app. Your sentence is a non-sense since you agreed with installing a preview software.

And here is the proof that the app is in beta stage:

New 8.1 app inbound

Now for the caveats. The app we now have in the 8.1 Preview for Developers is, in fact, basically the old beta version released late last year. It has not been optimized for 8.1, and it obviously needs some polish. That’s good news in the sense that Microsoft is not ‘shipping’ this as the final product.

Xbox Music is pretty terrible on Windows Phone 8.1, but an update is near | Windows Phone Central
    ven07 and xandros9 like this.
    04-23-2014 07:02 PM
    Actually people downloading a developer preview and expecting finished stuff suck even more!
    04-23-2014 07:27 PM
    Actually people downloading a developer preview and expecting finished stuff suck even more!
    Well to be fair, they did say something along the lines of "this is the final operating system build" without mentioning "oh and by the way, we've decoupled some apps like music from the OS, so they're not in final build, and they suck right now, beware".
    Moiz Mian likes this.
    04-23-2014 09:26 PM
    Is anyone getting the"sorry this item is not available"from the cloud collection??
    Yup, almost every album I try to match.
    04-23-2014 09:31 PM
    Apparently their boss just quit for zynga so maybe that's why. :)
    04-23-2014 09:35 PM
    The basic music app in 8.0 worked fine for local collections- one would assume 8.1 would have at least had that basic functioning, but they took that out and now only use an app for music on 8.1. I use my phone for a lot of music. Honestly, if they don't get this straightened out I may have to consider a different OS for my next phone.
    anon5997296 likes this.
    04-23-2014 09:36 PM
    THEY LIED TO US SUFFERING SOULSSSS :C

i've been using cortana "play this and that" and "Shuffle" to play music because the Xbox music app frustrate me real bad.
    von929Shavone likes this.
    04-23-2014 10:42 PM
    The update comes out today? The application of music is bad, and do not know which player to use while it hehe ...

Does anyone know what time the update comes out?
    They posted on Microsoft answers that an update will be pushed out April 22nd. But on April 22nd, the poster changed his post to say it's actually week of April 22nd. I used to think the Xbox music team is just incompetent, now I think they are not only stupid, but also arrogant and unethical.
    04-23-2014 11:22 PM
    I know its a dev preview but I mean its a simple app that plays music, why is it sooooo horrible? Did they not bother to test it themselves for at least one minute before they released the app?
    04-23-2014 11:57 PM
    I know its a dev preview but I mean its a simple app that plays music, why is it sooooo horrible? Did they not bother to test it themselves for at least one minute before they released the app?
    In the time Zune was degraded to Xbox music now, Google created a cloud music collection and added subscription service to its phone. I mean - the Xbox music experienced on Windows phone 8.0 was bad - how can they managed to make it worse???? This always befuddles me.
    04-24-2014 12:09 AM
    The beta app is just a placeholder. You should be lucky that it plays music. Why you expected consumer quality is beyond me.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    04-24-2014 01:04 AM
    The beta app is just a placeholder. You should be lucky that it plays music. Why you expected consumer quality is beyond me.
    Given that it never worked well, the expectation is that it had hit bottom in 8.0. No one expected the 8.1 Music app to get worse. Maybe stay the same, but not worse. That's why.

I signed up for the Music Pass, but so far, it's not worth it for me. I'm hoping that with the update it will improve.

I wish they acquire Spotify. Someone mentioned it here and I truly think it would be an amazing idea.

I also totally agree with ULOP3Z. It's a freaking music app! Look at Google Music and imitate. There's less shame in that than in producing the current dysfunctional music app. It lacks compared to Pandora and Spotify in terms of creating mixes, and variety. It lacks against Google Music in terms of functionality and being able to stream your own music from the cloud without restrictions. I won't compare it to iTunes as I don't have recent experience it.

I feel silly, myself. I hated the app before getting the pass and still wanted to give MS a shot. I thought it can't be that bad and maybe I'm not getting all the benefits because I don't have the pass. Nothing changed.
    04-24-2014 03:11 AM
    Microsoft should hire/pirate somebody from HiFiMan, iBasso or even FiiO.
    04-24-2014 06:49 AM
214 123 ...