Anything I should know before installing preview WP8.1?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
ummm nope nothing as such :) your phone will take about a weeks time to get adjusted to the new software, so expect a little less battery life and pleas do keep in mind that's just a preview for developers! so expect bugs, limited access to Cortana, etc! :) hope you will enjoy it too

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I need to charge my phone twice a day after the update. If you can't stand your phone giving low battery alert again and again don't update it.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it is the brightness? I always have mine on low and dont charge till I sleep. Then again that might be cuz I am on WP8
I need to charge my phone twice a day after the update. If you can't stand your phone giving low battery alert again and again don't update it.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
ummm nope nothing as such :) your phone will take about a weeks time to get adjusted to the new software, so expect a little less battery life and pleas do keep in mind that's just a preview for developers! so expect bugs, limited access to Cortana, etc! :) hope you will enjoy it too
Does that mean battery drainage is only temporary? Also. I am stuck on 89%.. on the first update to get it ready for the next one...Im worried its been like that for a couple of minutes now...

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Does that mean battery drainage is only temporary? Also. I am stuck on 89%.. on the first update to get it ready for the next one...Im worried its been like that for a couple of minutes now...

give the update some time it also takes time to install after it downloads the update!! you have to be patient it took about an hour for me and yes! the battery drainage is temporary given that you disable certain background tasks! I usually charge my l1020 twice a day because of the no.of apps I use and the games I test so I guess it's cool :)

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Grrr...It didn't let me update because of low space...I had to delete some apps because my stupid "other storage" has taken about 2.7GB of I don't even know what. :(
give the update some time it also takes time to install after it downloads the update!! you have to be patient it took about an hour for me and yes! the battery drainage is temporary given that you disable certain background tasks! I usually charge my l1020 twice a day because of the no.of apps I use and the games I test so I guess it's cool :)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Grrr...It didn't let me update because of low space...I had to delete some apps because my stupid "other storage" has taken about 2.7GB of I don't even know what. :(

you can manually reinstall the apps later in wp8.1 as far as the other storage :/ my phone says it has the files which are not recognized

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, about battery - just expect to use your phone more often for about a week or so as you have fun with the new features. It's a new toy, and everyone likes that. Also expect to have rather low other space (in most cases, none!) Good luck with the update! :D

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
ALMOST DONE! In step 3 of 6 Wow that was actually pretty fast! I heard the "other storage" problem got solved for quite a few people when they updated it. Also do you know if the album art will stay with my music after I update this?
you can manually reinstall the apps later in wp8.1 as far as the other storage :/ my phone says it has the files which are not recognized

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
What I did before and after:

Before:

- I deleted all the apps. Why? because in case of hard reset, the gears screen will be keeping a larger time if more data is in the phone
- Hard Reset. Yes, because wanted a really fresh install
- After hard reset, and Live account configuration, I Installed the Preview for Developers app
- After that, I go to updgrade my phone setting, and download/install the first and second updates.

After:

- After upgrade installation, and account setup, I waited for some updates(app updates, you can go to Store app and check the updates)
- Now, another hard reset. Why? because I want to rid all the WP8 data, a really fresh installation.

Thats all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte