Are you supposed to see spinning gears on the 2nd Update??

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I finally finished what I think is the 2nd update..it rebooted but its stuck in the spinning gears...its all the way too but there just keep spinning

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing to be worried about. It'll take some time with the spinning gears this time...anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes depending on what was previously on the phone. Go grab a snack, watch the first episode of the new season The Boondocks on Adult Swim and let the update do its thing!

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the finish line. It's only a matter of time until you can enjoy the 8.1 DP goodness. You should be finished in a couple of minutes!

Have fun!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It finished the spinning gears phase, it seemed like it restarted and is on the WE'RE GETTING THERE...And it itll be worth it too Migrating datate step 13 of 19...hmmm

It should be done fairly soon. The beginning steps took longer, and it went quickly for me once it got to that point.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Success! This is effin awesome! I had delete all my apps to install it but it was sure worth the 4 hours it took to update! Amazing for it just being a preview. One can only imagine was the final product will be like, all in all I am happy with it. It seemed rather laggy and sluggish at first but after 2 soft resets it got much better. I will continue to play aruond with it for awhile and will have a complete review on a seperate thread. :smile:

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I did a fresh install of WP8.1 (meaning a hard reset and install with minimal apps on my L920) and I've never looked back. Congratulations and enjoy your 8.1 DP! I think you will!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes