Issue regarding Remote Desktop Preview for Windows Phone 8.1

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to connect my pc as a remote computer . Any tutorial on how to connect might help

On the computer which you want to connect remotely, make sure RDC is enabled. Here's how you do it.

1. Start -> Run
  2. SystemPropertiesRemote.exe -> Hit enter
  3. Go to the "Remote" tab
  4. Check "Allow remote assistance connections to this computer"

After this, enter the IP and network credentials (if any) of the computer in your WP RDC app and you must be good to go.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Kindly check the 2 nd reply to this post by wpgeek820. After following those steps you must know the ipaddress (if u don't know type then type ipconfig in command prompt ). Now assuming you have downloaded the remote deskop preview app in your phone, enter your ip address and connect simple.😊

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
please help me I tried using both ip address and name. I am seeing error message:"session ended bcz of protocol error, error code is 0x207

You are getting a error because remote desktop connection is disabled in your PC. Kindly follow the 2nd reply to this post by wpgeek820.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Kaushik,

Unable to find in Mobile :(

😞

sorry bro , I don't think its region specific. If it was then the post on WP central should have notified it. Change your region settings to US and everything to US , it might solve the problem. Which region are you from ?. After clicking the link of the app which I posted , what is displayed in your phone?

Rahul D1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
List of Windows versions you can connect to
From the Remote Desktop app for Windows Phone, you can only connect to PCs that are running these Windows operating systems:

Windows 8.1 Pro

Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Windows 8 Enterprise

Windows 8 Pro

Windows 7 Professional

Windows 7 Enterprise

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Ultimate

Windows Vista Enterprise

Windows XP Professional

mine is home premium....

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
��

sorry bro , I don't think its region specific. If it was then the post on WP central should have notified it. Change your region settings to US and everything to US , it might solve the problem. Which region are you from ?. After clicking the link of the app which I posted , what is displayed in your phone?

Hey thanks, it is working. Now accessed the same link from IE and it redirected to Store automatically.

Previously i directly searched the store with app name :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo