USB not detecting my Lumia 620 in PC after installed WP 8.1

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
nope, I have not downloaded it yet. I did hard reset in this morning again and installed only Whats App and file manager .

Do we need to install windows phone app? what is the main purpose of that one? can you please help me in this ?

and please provide the exact link for this app if it is needed to install.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions so far.

The windowsphone app is for your windows 8/8.1 pc or tablet. It is not for the phone. After you download it from the store for the pc or tablet, it should read your phone without an issue. Please try it.

Windows Phone app for Windows in the Windows Store

Gaurabh Sinha

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Friends anyone tell about the update 8.1? I've sign in preview for devloper and don't know what to do now..1) i checks for updates and it show downloading update 0%,,,, i reboot my phone and again it is showing checks for update,, friends will it want for sign in for preview for developer??
Plz forgive me for my poor English?

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The windowsphone app is for your windows 8/8.1 pc or tablet. It is not for the phone. After you download it from the store for the pc or tablet, it should read your phone without an issue. Please try it.

Windows Phone app for Windows in the Windows Store

Thank you so much Ajay, I need to find out a PC or tablet now which are running WP 8/8.1 now . I will try if I get it ASAP.

Thanks again

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
No worries, let us know how you get on hopefully it works for you :D.

No luck with many USB cables and many laptops as well. I assume I might messed up while installing WP 8.1, else not sure why it is happening only for me .

Is there way to get this fixed ? Much appreciated so far for your kind advice

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
No worries, let us know how you get on hopefully it works for you :D.

No luck with many USB cables and many laptops as well. I assume I might messed up while installing WP 8.1, else not sure why it is happening only for me .

Is there way to get this fixed ? Much appreciated so far for your kind advice

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If you can give us more info like:

Do you get any error messages when connecting? (On the pc or phone)

Does the phone charge but not get detected?

Also have you tried what ajayden suggested and tried connecting to a windows 8/8.1 pc?

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If you can give us more info like:

Do you get any error messages when connecting? (On the pc or phone)

Does the phone charge but not get detected?

Also have you tried what ajayden suggested and tried connecting to a windows 8/8.1 pc?

I see no error in the phone as well as PC. Yes, phone is charging but it is not detecting in the device manager too :( . I look for portable device , other devices etc .

I couldn't get any system running with windows 8/8.1 so far, so unable to try Ajay's suggestion as of now.

Please let me know if any more details are required.

Thank you so much for your quick response

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
You might also have to check if Zune software is uninstall. If no, please uninstall it.

Please also post the screen shot of My Computer or file explorer on your PC to further diagnose the issue. It should list all the drives available on your PC.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You might also have to check if Zune software is uninstall. If no, please uninstall it.

Please also post the screen shot of My Computer or file explorer on your PC to further diagnose the issue. It should list all the drives available on your PC.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

I never used Zune software but I tried that option also to detect my mobile by installing it another my laptop.

currently I am trying it from windows XP system, i can try my laptop as well now ( if needed) which is running with windows 7.

attached screenshots as asked.untitled.JPGDeviceManager.JPG

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Any luck ??

Any problem with my micro Usb port on phone, but problem started when I upgraded to WP 8.1 only( I am going through all tips from the most of the forums)

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Prasanth, please try downloading the drivers from the following website
Nokia Lumia 620 USB Driver For Windows

Ajay,

I installed the driver but still no joy for me :( . not really sure what is happening with this device. All other phones are working perfect.

All I can do is to wait for the official release from MS and nokia to see if that can fix my issue( but not sure of it thought just hoping).

If you have any options left out do let me know . I keep try my luck

Once again Thank you so much Ajay , TechFreak1 and others for helping me in this issue.

Danish Khan8

May 15, 2014
Visit site
bro was ur problem resolved? since i am also facing same problem since i updated it with windows 8.1.
i have tried each and every method to tackle this issue but nothing seems to coming in my way..if you have any idea what to do..then plz let me also know ....i have lumia 520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre