USB not detecting my Lumia 620 in PC after installed WP 8.1

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
bro was ur problem resolved? since i am also facing same problem since i updated it with windows 8.1.
i have tried each and every method to tackle this issue but nothing seems to coming in my way..if you have any idea what to do..then plz let me also know ....i have lumia 520

No luck so far :( . tried most of the options suggested here and found in internet but still no joy :(. I have updated the phone today as well ( MS released another update) , still no luck.

I will keep trying to find out the solution , will let you know if I can fix it. Do the same help for me if you find any solution

Danish Khan8

May 15, 2014
Visit site
ya sure bro..but i dont understand of which update are uh talking about..???
latest updates was windows 8.1 which was release yesterday....?
bye the way i have send my query to nokia support ..and waiting for there rply..

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
bye the way i have send my query to nokia support ..and waiting for there rply..

Yeah, correct. latest update from MS yesterday. Let me know if you get any response from Nokia

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I never used Zune software but I tried that option also to detect my mobile by installing it another my laptop.

currently I am trying it from windows XP system, i can try my laptop as well now ( if needed) which is running with windows 7.

attached screenshots as asked.View attachment 66439View attachment 66440

Prasanth, I just noticed you have an icon called "Mobile Device" in the screenshot - does this open / appear when you plug in your 620?
If it does then my hunch is that is your 620 however if it doesn't open, its a long shot but try installing this - Download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit) from Official Microsoft Download Center. I am presuming your XP is 32 bit?

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Prasanth, I just noticed you have an icon called "Mobile Device" in the screenshot - does this open / appear when you plug in your 620?
If it does then my hunch is that is your 620 however if it doesn't open, its a long shot but try installing this - Download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit) from Official Microsoft Download Center. I am presuming your XP is 32 bit?

Hi TechFreak1 ,

I forgot to mention about that , I have a Samsung Omnia 2 mobile which runs with Windows 6.1. Always shows that folder and will open with out any issues. If I plug in my Omnia then I can access my phone in PC.

Yes, It is XP 32 bit system only.

My worry is the battery, so I wanted to go back to WP 8 and wanted to install freshly but USB not detecting.

I charge my phone to 100 % at 1 AM in the morning and Keep everything off ( tried all the options even removed SIM card and kept idle, another time used Airplane mode but nothing works). when I see in the morning around 7 AM , my phone is completely dead . it is happening from the day 1 when I installed WP 8.1. I tried most of the options suggested here and there but still no luck. I had done hard reset and soft reset many a times as well.

Thanks again.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah I see, well to be honest I am at a loss here as to what to suggest other than the following:

1) Send a screenshot of the device manager with your phone connected to windows 7, with all the trees expanded. I have a vague idea but I would need to see this first.

2) Wait for Danish Khan8 to post an update or contact Nokia directly yourself.

3) If you can take the 620 to the care centre, take it to them and have them take a look at it. However move your data to the SD card with a filemanager like pocket explorer before doing so. As I don't think you can use the Nokia recovery tool via bluetooth to downgrade to Wp 8.0.

In regards to the battery issues your having, your better of checking out the battery issues threads maybe someone has posted a solution for the 620.

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ah I see, well to be honest I am at a loss here as to what to suggest other than the following:

1) Send a screenshot of the device manager with your phone connected to windows 7, with all the trees expanded. I have a vague idea but I would need to see this first.

2) Wait for Danish Khan8 to post an update or contact Nokia directly yourself.

3) If you can take the 620 to the care centre, take it to them and have them take a look at it. However move your data to the SD card with a filemanager like pocket explorer before doing so. As I don't think you can use the Nokia recovery tool via bluetooth to downgrade to Wp 8.0.

In regards to the battery issues your having, your better of checking out the battery issues threads maybe someone has posted a solution for the 620.

I will update you with the screenshot ASAP but I dont see any symptoms of my phone in device manager when it is connected.

I read some where microUSB port corrupted? Is it really correct?

I will wait for some more time for official update from Nokia as well then we will go to Nokia care center.

Hi Danish Khan,

Any news from Nokia ? any luck with you

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
1) okay, noted
2) I'm not to sure about that as I don't have 620 to test on to replicate what you are experiencing.
3) okay, let us know what the response is from Nokia and from the Nokia care centre.

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Hi Danish ,

Any news from Nokia for this issue ? please let me know if you have any

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so after I read all these comments, it seems no one thought of the thing that resolved the problem for me.

I had the exact same problem. One day, the PC just stopped recognizing my Lumia 820 on WP8.1. So what I did to fix it? Open Cortana and write USB. When viewing the searching results, swipe until you get to Phone. There you will see the "Settings-> USB". Enter there and play with those 2 settings while plugging and unplugging the phone in the PC.

At one point or another the phone should get recognized again.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so after I read all these comments, it seems no one thought of the thing that resolved the problem for me.

I had the exact same problem. One day, the PC just stopped recognizing my Lumia 820 on WP8.1. So what I did to fix it? Open Cortana and write USB. When viewing the searching results, swipe until you get to Phone. There you will see the "Settings-> USB". Enter there and play with those 2 settings while plugging and unplugging the phone in the PC.

At one point or another the phone should get recognized again.

for the heck of it I did this.
my phone -1520 with DP 8.1 and latest update-is recognized
no matter what i have checked.
i know that this doesn't help the OP, and i don't know what could be causing the issue.

but, as cryio mentions, try it. it may just work.

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
for the heck of it I did this.
my phone -1520 with DP 8.1 and latest update-is recognized
no matter what i have checked.
i know that this doesn't help the OP, and i don't know what could be causing the issue.

but, as cryio mentions, try it. it may just work.

Thanks Cryio and Gabriel.
I am keep on trying as suggested but so far no luck :(

Spotted Owl

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I have a 520, same problem so I assume that it is across the board with all, or some/ most models.

What I found is that all returns to normal when I remove the SD card!!! :shocked:

I have no idea why this should be so, I initially removed it to access the pictures that I couldn't get. Give it a try and maybe someone may be able to advise just how this happens, to me anyway ... :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro