I am happy, Pocket File Manager now supports WP8.1

ANDYS01

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, after update the app, I can not see phone storage my camera roll? can someone please help. Thanks

Last edited:

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Question about PFM. Is Local Storage referring to the app's storage? Just bought the app and used it for the first time yesterday and was confused by this folder. Thought it meant Local (Phone) Storage, but finally realized it didn't when I went to add providers.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Question about PFM. Is Local Storage referring to the app's storage? Just bought the app and used it for the first time yesterday and was confused by this folder. Thought it meant Local (Phone) Storage, but finally realized it didn't when I went to add providers.

Yes, it is the app storage, for "phone storage" (user folders) you must add it using add provider.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed that PFM isn't listing a .7z file I have stored in my Google Drive storage. It's a pretty big file, though. Wonder if that is the problem. File shows up fine in web browser.

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Something else I noticed: although the new version lacks a PDF viewer, it's still registering the .pdf extension, so it wrongly appears when you open a .pdf.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Something else I noticed: although the new version lacks a PDF viewer, it's still registering the .pdf extension, so it wrongly appears when you open a .pdf.

It registers pdf extension so if you receive a pdf via email or download it, you can save it to PFM. (Adobe reader will save pdf into its local storage, so you'll have no way to share, copy to pc, etc.)

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it only me or is there anyone who can search for music?

When I add music folder to PFM (or any other FM on the store), it displays empty. But I do have around 6.5GB of music on it (on subfolders)...

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it only me or is there anyone who can search for music?

When I add music folder to PFM (or any other FM on the store), it displays empty. But I do have around 6.5GB of music on it (on subfolders)...

Nevermind...

Deleted all music (using Music Hub, because no musics appeared on file explorer nor on PC when connected), re-inserted them all and now musics appear on PFM and on PC when connected.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Not a huge deal, but I just noticed the app labels my SD card as "sdcard2" for some reason. Cant rename it, either. Anyone else experiencing this?

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It registers pdf extension so if you receive a pdf via email or download it, you can save it to PFM. (Adobe reader will save pdf into its local storage, so you'll have no way to share, copy to pc, etc.)

Downloads are stored in Downloads directory. So I don't understand what you're saying. If PFM doesn't support PDFs (and it doesn't any more), then it shouldn't register the file type.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Downloads are stored in Downloads directory. So I don't understand what you're saying. If PFM doesn't support PDFs (and it doesn't any more), then it shouldn't register the file type.

Think I receive a PDF via bluetooth, or via email, or download it with UC browser or IE. Then, if I open it with Adobe Reader, it will be saved in Adobe Reader's isolated storage, so I can't copy it to pc, share it, etc.
But, I can choose to open that PDF with Pocket File Manager, then it will stored in Local Storage of PFM, so I can move it to SD card, share it, etc. and I also can open it with Adobe Reader from that place.
It's useful, at least for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes