Depending on WP for your livelihood?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Born from sheer curiosity.
I would be interested to know what those that use WP mainly for business have to say.

Has the Windows phone helped you incline success for work or perhaps education?
What is your number one business use of the Windows phone?
Are you depending on your WP to run a small business?
Do the features of the platform hinder you?
Is it a lifeline for work?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's a good question.

I am not currently employed, but I've done quite a bit of moderating the forums via mobile, and I've always been able to do what is necessary on my Windows Phones.

One feature that worked well for me for forum moderating work was Skype. I had a Skype call that was over an hour long with another person from Mobile Nations on my 920, since my PC was out for repair at the time, and I was unable to use desktop Skype. Skype on my 920 sounded as good as a regular phone call, and there were no issues whatsoever.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone helps me in educations :smile: , office on my windows phone was the key feature , helps me create presentation for my projects , documents and I also use excel on my windows phone to manage wpcentral task :wink: I love nokia mix radio (better than iTunes , at least India ) It helps me stay connected with my friends (including you ) via Skype , whatsapp :D

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm a law student and as such we go through books like coins and a Vegas slot-machine (Wonder if that makes any sense).
Nowadays most books can be found in .pdf format which makes it easier to carry around.
Instead of just throwing all the physical books into my backpack I can just add the .pdf format in my phone.
Thanks to onedrive I can even have the books accessible on a multitude of platforms!

When I have a paper to do I can easily edit it via Words on my phone :)
When someone sends me a paper to read, correct or add notes I can also do this on my phone!

Just these simple things make WP the best option for me :)

I'm also working as a Front desk-agent (part-time; to pay for my education) as such I have a pretty busy life,
but with the addition of the reminders (8.1) scheduling my day has become a bit easier.
To be honest I have never used any form of agenda, but WP changed that thanks to Cortana+reminders+calender :)

Conclusion: yes WP has helped me to be a better student/worker/boyfriend lol

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone for work and home. Clearly the number one use is email. I like email much better on windowsphone than Android and IOS. I do have some missing apps and why I also have an android Device. The best thing about windows phone is there is no lag even after having this phone for almost 2 years (Lumia 920)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am employed in IT and also run an IT consulting business on the side and install/maintain security cameras. While I don't absolutely depend on my phone to do business, I could survive without it, but it does make doing business much, much easier and more efficient. EMail is not a big use for me. Text messaging and actual phone calls are used much more. One of the best things is being able to remote in to a clients computer and fix problems even though I may be 100's of miles away. This impresses a client to no end. I also use OneNote a lot to keep track of fixes, work and changes done for clients. Remoting into my home computer and being able to hammer out a quote/estimate and email it to the client within minutes of talking to them impresses them as well.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One Note is my favorite and most used application from Microsoft. Excel is a close 2nd.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

mndwgz

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Dragged a bunch of PDF project files into the local documents folder and can't access them....... A File Manager for Windows Phone 8 is really needed. I don't cloud. Doesn't look like I'll be too dependent on this thing.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't think any of us are really that dependent on WP, but it's more of a helpful extension to our lifestyles :smile:
But maybe that's just me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon