New to WP. Very confused

phillyundead

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there an up to date Facebook app? The facebook app I found is what Android had years ago. Very behind. It's pretty laggy and annoying.

Is there a way to have live tiles stay updated? I have a battery tile but it doesn't update itself i less I open the app. This whole OS is frustrating. Feels like a big backwards step. Even with the 1520.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol this is actually the first time I've heard someone say that a WP is a step backwards..
In any case there are two Facebook apps.. 1 is in beta and the other should be easy enough to find with a simple store search :)
Which battery app are you using?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there an up to date Facebook app? The facebook app I found is what Android had years ago. Very behind. It's pretty laggy and annoying.

Is there a way to have live tiles stay updated? I have a battery tile but it doesn't update itself i less I open the app. This whole OS is frustrating. Feels like a big backwards step. Even with the 1520.
You've been posting this on multiple threads...battery tiles(like all,other apps) only update every 30 minutes on 8.0. On 8.1 I dunno cuz I use the action centre to see my battery percentage.
The 8.1 Facebook app is pretty fast(not helpful if you're on 8.0 though) and they're due to be updated at the end of this month anyway)

phillyundead

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Lol this is actually the first time I've heard someone say that a WP is a step backwards..
In any case there are two Facebook apps.. 1 is in beta and the other should be easy enough to find with a simple store search :)
Which battery app are you using?

I'm using Battery by Arthur Semenov. It doesn't update after 30 minutes. Left it unplugged when I went to bed last night and when I woke up the tile still said full. Then opening it it was at 78 percent.
How can I tell what vein of WP I have? I can't seem to find the os info

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Battery by Arthur Semenov. It doesn't update after 30 minutes. Left it unplugged when I went to bed last night and when I woke up the tile still said full. Then opening it it was at 78 percent.
How can I tell what vein of WP I have? I can't seem to find the os info
Go to settings> about

forked

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Settings -> About. Will show the high level (8.0 vs 8.1). If you hit the More Info button you'll get the precise version. If you just got the phone and are new to WP, I'm guessing you have 8.0. If you want to update to 8.1 (which, IMO you most definitely should) check out the Preview For Developers app in the Windows Store and look for articles on it on WPCentral.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Make sure your battery app is allowed to run as a background task. Go to settings, swipe right and make sure the app is allowed. I used that app for a while and it worked fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium