Xbox Music WP 8.1

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

We know Xbox music has a number of issues with it at the moment and hopefully the updates that are to come will fix most of them.
I noticed a new bug recently that I haven't encountered before. When I shuffle my music library, Xbox music picks a small sample of songs out of the library (say 30) and shuffles those in a loop instead of shuffling the entire library. I've noticed it twice over the past 2 days. Has anyone else come across this?

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
hi, just wanted to Know if there is any other app that can play music downloaded wtih Xbox music? i have Xbox music pass but using it - well, it hurts...

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
And I'm 100% sure it was promised on the 22nd. The post was edited just before the 22nd.
so then you know it's not ready yet and there is nothing to argue about :)

anyhow back to my original post, just checked uservoice and it appears shuffle is broken, a number of posts about it

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
To be completely honest I consider this discussion obsolete. The app in its current form is just a placeholder anyway, it's broken in a lot of aspects. There's a good chance the promised update will fix the bug you encountered. I don't see any point in discussion things that are likely to be a thing of the past by tomorrow.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
To be completely honest I consider this discussion obsolete. The app in its current form is just a placeholder anyway, it's broken in a lot of aspects. There's a good chance the promised update will fix the bug you encountered.

I find the app slow, but otherwise shuffle is the only issue I've had thus far. I'm not sure what's obsolete about it. I found a bug and went on the boards to see if anyone else has encountered it, just to see if it's a known bug or something is wrong particularly in my case. Also until the update comes, you really don't know if it'll be fixed or not or what chance of a fix coming (so far only one of these on user voice is showing under review), so all bugs identified are not obsolete until they are resolved.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, apart from the app being painfully slow most of the time, freezing every now and then, and lacking core functionality it's almost perfect.

Precisely why I came here to ask about the shuffle as everyone's experiences with the update and the app are different. Yours is freezing and is painfully slow, mine is a little slow and not freezing, but shuffle doesn't work. Just like the dev preview, some people had horrible experiences and some had pretty much flawless updates. So it's always good to check if anyone else is having a similar issue. I've also never referred to this app as perfect

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if I have to wait another week, I just want it to be quality. The current app on my 920 takes longer to show a list of songs that are stored on my device than it takes IE to pull down large websites from the internet. And I don't even have that many songs on it. Sometimes I could almost write out a list of my songs before the app can display it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster