Weird USB settings

Manikanta Reddy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Its interestingly weird that if we search for usb using Cortana you find a settings page in the phone section of search.....
But there is no settings option named usb in settings that works the same way as the previous one did!

Anybody,who knows what's happening here?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Just saw it, here's a screen shot, I wonder if otg works now?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140424_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140424_0001.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 12

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if that is the lower power notification, what to do when plugged into computer, settings, no one is talking about but was previewed.

Lol, just tried it. That is it... Hahahaha...
Why I that hidden?

Why aren't the settings still not in alphabetical order?!?!?!

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if that is the lower power notification, what to do when plugged into computer, settings, no one is talking about but was previewed.

Lol, just tried it. That is it... Hahahaha...
Why I that hidden?

Why aren't the settings still not in alphabetical order?!?!?!

Could you elaborate? I've never heard of this.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Great find!

This feature was removed/hidden in later builds. I had it on that leaked developer device, but in the official review build it was gone.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The thing is USB settings is currently hidden in the dev preview. The USB settings will be shown under settings app when the Lumia cyan update is released. As for now Cortana can access core settings of the phone so you can see USB option available. Otg support is still not available with WP 8.1. Enabling uab settings and cheking reminder when phone is connected to a slow charger will have no effect.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone have any hard info on what "Ask me before using USB data connection" is referring to?

My uninformed guess is that if you enable this setting, then plug your phone into a USB port on a computer, the OS will ask if you want to make the phone visible to the computer for transferring files, etc. as it does by default now. If you say no, then it only uses the USB connection for charging and that's it.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So does anyone have any hard info on what "Ask me before using USB data connection" is referring to?

My uninformed guess is that if you enable this setting, then plug your phone into a USB port on a computer, the OS will ask if you want to make the phone visible to the computer for transferring files, etc. as it does by default now. If you say no, then it only uses the USB connection for charging and that's it.

Data connection if it says then I think it is referring to USB tethering. Don't worry you cant use that option anyway until the official version on WP 8.1 is released.

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

csjjjjjjjjjjj

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping that changing the first setting would make the phone act as a mass storage device (thumb drive). Unfortunately, it does not.

The device driver is still MTP (media transfer protocol), which limits functionality.
- Cannot run portable x86/x64 apps from device storage.
- Not recommended to edit files (.xls, .doc) stored on device.

Would be fantastic if this menu could enable android-like functionality. Might be a hardware restriction, though.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess some hidden settings (if more are present) will be available with firmware update and only is the firmware support that feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion