Wireless charging not working?

texas tk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The Dev Preview just got a tweak today, supposedly improving battery life...maybe it will fix this as well....will see when I get home!
T

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It works on my wife's 920, but not mine. This has happened since the latest update on Tuesday that wireless charging isn't working.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It works on my wife's 920, but not mine. This has happened since the latest update on Tuesday that wireless charging isn't working.

Very weird! I'm going to buy Lumia 1520 next monday and a wireless charger with it. Let's see if it works for both phones.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay... I bought a new phone, Lumia 1520 and a DT-601 Qi Charger. It works with Lumia 1520 8.1 preview but it still doesn't work with my old Lumia 920. Weird, ehh? I now think the problem is with the phone itself, maybe the part needed for wireless charger is damaged or something.

But I'm not entirely happy with the charger for Lumia 1520 tho. It charges really slow in my opinion. It charges like one percent every 5 mins. I know wireless technology charges slower than with wire but that doesn't seem to be right anyway. Or does it?

brokenmachine65

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
My 920 was charging just fine on the 8.1 DP for the past few weeks until a few days ago :( My wife's 920 charges just fine on both plates but mine just turns on and doesn't charge. Upgrade coming in Nov. so just a few months of actually plugging it in.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Ativ S on WP8.1 that I equiped with a wireless receiver. Worked fine at first, but now I sometimes get the same problems as above; it says it's charging but it isn't. My theory is the Qi supply regulator and the WP8.1 charger software have synchronisation problems then. Though the Qi charger works (lamp on charger pad lights and the Phone says it's charging) no energy is transferred from the Qi receiver to the phone's battery. At one time during experiments even charging via the USB didn't work anymore! After switching the phone off and on it all worked fine again. Probably the limited current capability of the Qi receiver and the Qi control system cause WP8.1 (and the phone's firmware) to show this behavior sometimes. Hope it will be improved upon in the final version!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077