hi
    i have just switched from blackberry to windows phone and got Lumia 925. i have a somw questions and would appreciate if be answered promptly.
    1- i don't find any option to turn off haptic feedback ?
    2- how can i upgrade my wp8 to 8.1 (i am using unlocked cell phone) ?
    3- i have downloaded some apps form windows phone store. how can i manually install them on cell phone via PC?
    04-24-2014 11:46 AM
    Hey, don't know if we can turn off haptic feedback, but you can go to settings > touch > and turn off the windows key vibrate settings :)
    04-24-2014 11:51 AM
    For the 8.1 please use the search bar.. We have a lot of threads on it
    04-24-2014 11:52 AM
    You won't be able to manually install them as you don't have an sd card.. But if you meant sending the apps from the store to your phone without touching the phone then you do the following: settings > find my phone > select both or just first option
    04-24-2014 11:54 AM
    1: I believe the haptic feedback (for the capactive buttons only) is under settings-touch. You may need to wait for the "touch" app to get an update if you do not see it.
    2: There are posts ALL OVER about how to do this. As you're not going to get new firmware, there will be some things that aren't as stable, or just don't work, until the new nokia firmware is pushed out sometime this summer when 8.1 is going to be released to the general public.
    3: You can find the app in the store at windowsphone.com, and if it's connected to a network, you can choose install, and it will be pushed down to your phone. If it's not connected, you'll be sent an e-mail with a link that will open the store. You can't download and do an offline install, as that is only supported via sd card (925 not equipped with).
    ven07 likes this.
    04-24-2014 11:56 AM
    thank you prompt support.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-24-2014 12:10 PM
    I would like to recommend you upgrading to 8.1, but read through some of the posts on 8.1 first :) For 925 users 8.1 has brought a more stable battery life.. And so far everyone with a 925 has upgraded without any problems :) but there's always a risk as this is a dev preview
    04-24-2014 12:13 PM
    Whoa now, there have been plenty of reports of issues with the Dev Update on the 925. Things like the microphone not working post Dev update and IE crashing regularly. There has also been completely mixed results on the battery life. For me personally, I have a few pluses and minuses...

The Good
    The third row of tiles (or 6 small tiles)
    The addition of the Sense features - particularly storage and Wi-Fi
    Cortana is much better than the old voice search

The Bad
    Performance of IE 11 leaves a lot to be desired - I get many sites that just go white screen and get stuck in a loading pattern
    Losing the ability to update both Facebook and Twitter from one entry on the Me Tile
    The loss of pushing Apps to the device from the PC Windows Phone Store
    The inability to leave Wi-Fi running when screen times out (feature of Wi-Fi Sense)
    Decrease in battery life (probably due to the extra tiles that are running) of about 3-4% per hour in standby and 10-12% when in use
    The extra step that many actions now require - for example Bing Vision - you need to open the camera, then select lenses and then open Bing Vision

The stuff that doesn't matter to the 925
    Installing Maps/Apps to SD card

Overall, I would recommend installing if you know enough about NSU to flash the device backwards if the negatives out weigh the positives for you. If you do not know how to do this, wait a few weeks and see when the 8.1 update schedule is published. It's your call, but taking a device that was as good as the 925 was functionality wise and adding a few smaller features to it really seemed like a bit of a wash to me. I have left the Dev Preview installed for one simple reason - the third row of tiles. I guess I also left it there so I can test my Apps, but that was a secondary thought for my daily driver. Overall, it was for better use of the real estate on the home screen.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-24-2014 12:42 PM
    Lol that's why I added the disclaimer "dev preview" :D
    04-24-2014 01:12 PM
    is there any expected date for 8.1 to be released for general public?
    04-25-2014 01:21 PM
    is there any expected date for 8.1 to be released for general public?
    Well not exact dates... UK and China will be next.. The general public can expect 8.1 in 2015 :)
    04-25-2014 03:47 PM
    Nah, 8.1 will be out this summer in the US with the release of the Lumia 630, 635 and 930. Updates should be pushed out shortly after that. I'm sure that the carriers have the software in TA right now with their little additions and subtractions from it, but it will just be a matter of time until testing is done. I don't see them throwing it out to older devices before they run out the new flagships.
    04-25-2014 04:30 PM