Game Performance

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed significantly worse performance in games?

I'm running the preview on a Lumia Icon, and Dungeon Hunter 4 and Mass Effect are both playable, but have noticeable, persistent slowdown- that they didn't have before. I'm hoping this is fixed by the firmware update and doesn't require app updates because then we'll be waiting awhile lol.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Try a soft reset hold the power button and lower volume button until it vibrates that may resolve the issue.

You could try reinstalling the game.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset and reinstall don't help, but tried on another Icon and same performance, so definitely 8.1 related. No one else has noticed this?

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset and reinstall don't help, but tried on another Icon and same performance, so definitely 8.1 related. No one else has noticed this?

I'm wondering if maybe it's apps running on intervals that are causing choppy performance. Check battery saver and see what apps you have running in the background. Also, how many accounts are you syncing? It's possible that other apps are trying to execute or sync every now and then, and that causes a bit of choppy performance.

Personally, I only had some small choppiness in the first day or so after updating. Ever since, performance has been the same for me, but I don't play many graphically intense games.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed significantly worse performance in games?

I'm running the preview on a Lumia Icon, and Dungeon Hunter 4 and Mass Effect are both playable, but have noticeable, persistent slowdown- that they didn't have before. I'm hoping this is fixed by the firmware update and doesn't require app updates because then we'll be waiting awhile lol.

I have faced this kind of performance in my Lumia 625. Its OS related. You can try installing apps to phone memory instead of SD card. WP 8.1 laga a bit which is gonna get fixed with the official update. So hold on. 😊

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried reinstalling, tried soft reset - what's weird is that after a reset, it runs fast for a few minutes then gets choppy again.

Anyone else with this sort of experience?

I'm using an Icon, which to my knowledge is one of the best spec Windows Phones you can get, so must be a software issue.

myVINTAGEimage

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I see it too. I soft reset then the problem is gone temporarily. I see it more in games like subway surfers and ASPHALT 8. it slows down during the game and makes gaming experience sucky.

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
This is going to make me sound like an old "crazy cat lady", but I have seen significant performance slowdowns in Microsoft's solitaire game since 8.1 - soft reset didn't help, haven't tried battery saver

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
battery saver turns background tasks off. thats why you get a performance boost :)

This doesn't seem an acceptable method of functioning.

If I want Dungeon Hunter or Mass Effect to be playable, I can't get email, or notifications from other apps?

What if I am plugged in?

I really hope they are looking into this. It worked before, so something changed with the priority of background tasks and games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven