Windows Phone settings menu is terrible

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
They could have at least put it in alphabetical order. It is a pain to find anything in that horribly arranged menu.

Sent from my HP ENVY 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone Settings meny is terrible

I agree as well. They need to alphabetically place the settings in the settings hub. I say we do a uservoice topic on this!

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Well what if they stuck with the unorganized garbage and just let the list rearrange itself based on what people used the most. After a few weeks you'd have everything exactly where you would expect it based on usage. I think that would be better than making it alphabetical. Wi-fi at the bottom and about at the top would be kind of silly haha

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I THINK they were shooting for "most used on top" kinda thing. But, user preference kicks that to the curb.

I mean, they proved they know the alphabet in the app menu and music/podcast lists, why did they stop at the settings menu?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Well what if they stuck with the unorganized garbage and just let the list rearrange itself based on what people used the most. After a few weeks you'd have everything exactly where you would expect it based on usage. I think that would be better than making it alphabetical. Wi-fi at the bottom and about at the top would be kind of silly haha

Now you are just talking crazy.....

Crazy generous!!! That would be amazing!!!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

You get used to it.

I think display, touch, and auto-rotation should all be in the same place though.

wvanellis

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I've been using Windows Phone from the beginning. You never get used to it. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even if their intent was to group "like" items together, i.e., wif, airplane mode, bluetooth and cellular, with no separators, it just blends together as a bunch of crap. If you know how to spell, you should always be able to find what you're looking for, irrespective of items being similar.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Another problem is that the settings rearrage themselves whenever you download a nokia system app update. Like after installing a glance update, it'll go to the bottom of the settings list. Soo annoying! Seriously though, i hope they fix settings in 8.1.1 or whatever the next update is

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I like this idea.

To the very least, they should add a search option to the settings, like in the settings of the Chrome browser (don't shoot me :wink:).

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

You can do a search with contana.
Will do when they deploy Cortana to my region (I know I can change the region, but it's not worth it for now).
Actually, searching in Bing also gives you settings in some cases, but a dedicated search button on the settings page would be nice.

In general, I agree with you that the messy settings page is not a big problem. But the nice UI is one of WP's selling points, and I think it is weird that they didn't find some elegant way to format the settings page. It looks so MS DOS. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)