Hi there,

I need a little help with a problem. I have a Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8.1 and i moved all my application on my 2GB SD Card and now i want to change my SD Card with another with a bigger space (16 GB). My question is how i move all my data from old SD to the new one (including APPS, MAPS). I wanted to backup my card but i can't see APPS, MAPS.

Thanks in advance,

With respect,

Ciprian Cristea
    04-25-2014 06:57 AM
    If you go to settings>backup , you'll see there's an option for 'apps+settings'. I've never tried it myself. It probably won't save your whole app/game in the cloud, but it will save your app data. Again, i'm not sure about this but give it a try.

You could always move them over to the phone, if you have enough space. After you insert the new SD, just move it back to the SD again.
    04-25-2014 07:16 AM
    Maps- You're probably using the Lumia storage beta app to save them on your S.D. Card. You probably need to connect your phone to a PC and back up the "map data" folder somewhere. I'm not sure though.
    2. Apps- Keep in mind that directly replacing the SD card containing apps with a new one will result in a bug which will prevent you from installing that app ever again (until you hard reset). Tread carefully.
    04-25-2014 07:36 AM
    A tedious (but safe) method would be to transfer the apps to the phone memory from the old SD card and then popping in the new one and moving the apps again.
    04-25-2014 07:40 AM
    A tedious (but safe) method would be to transfer the apps to the phone memory from the old SD card and then popping in the new one and moving the apps again.
    Yup, this is the only one method that works.
    I tried to transfer maps data to the PC, but when I transferred to the phone, nothing remained, and I had to d/load all the maps afresh !
    Regards
    04-25-2014 09:15 AM