Making tiles transparent?

Sean Lloyd

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Is there any way I can make my tiles transparent so I can still see the info but my background is in full and not interrupted by different colour of apps?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Transparent tiles are a WP8.1 feature. So, first of all, you'll need that update.

If you already have it, then some of those tiles (the core tiles) become transparent when you chose a background photo by going to settings -> start+theme.
As for the other apps, they'll need to be supported by the developers. Indie developers are being relatively quick to update the apps and allow the transparency effect. Others, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine etc will take a while longer IF they ever do it at all.
For those, you can go to apps like "Skinery Themes" or "Transparency Tiles" to get transparent tiles for those apps. The only thing is, those will not be live tiles. But if you can live without Live Tiles now that you have a notification centre, then get those ;)

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No, tiles have always been transparent, but the background was the accent color, now it can be an image. In fact developers don't need to update their apps if they already have tiles that change according to the accent color.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No, tiles have always been transparent, but the background was the accent color, now it can be an image. In fact developers don't need to update their apps if they already have tiles that change according to the accent color.

They need to have those specific tiles. Few have. And all major apps lack that kind of tiles. So yeah, developers do have to update their apps. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos