Hello,

Is there any way I can make my tiles transparent so I can still see the info but my background is in full and not interrupted by different colour of apps?
    04-25-2014 02:27 PM
    Transparent tiles are a WP8.1 feature. So, first of all, you'll need that update.

If you already have it, then some of those tiles (the core tiles) become transparent when you chose a background photo by going to settings -> start+theme.
    As for the other apps, they'll need to be supported by the developers. Indie developers are being relatively quick to update the apps and allow the transparency effect. Others, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine etc will take a while longer IF they ever do it at all.
    For those, you can go to apps like "Skinery Themes" or "Transparency Tiles" to get transparent tiles for those apps. The only thing is, those will not be live tiles. But if you can live without Live Tiles now that you have a notification centre, then get those ;)
    ven07 likes this.
    04-25-2014 02:36 PM
    Thanks, very useful!
    04-25-2014 05:17 PM
    No, tiles have always been transparent, but the background was the accent color, now it can be an image. In fact developers don't need to update their apps if they already have tiles that change according to the accent color.
    tiwahu and palmujukka like this.
    04-29-2014 01:29 PM
    No, tiles have always been transparent, but the background was the accent color, now it can be an image. In fact developers don't need to update their apps if they already have tiles that change according to the accent color.
    They need to have those specific tiles. Few have. And all major apps lack that kind of tiles. So yeah, developers do have to update their apps. :P
    04-29-2014 05:44 PM