Should I wait for the official release?

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading about the many new features that are coming with WP 8.1, and many of them definitely seem very useful (particularly the Action Center and Internet Explorer 11). I understand WP 8.1 Preview is - well - a preview, and probably has many glitches. But do the glitches really make you wish that you had waited for the official release (assuming you did not update just because of your burning passion to improve Microsoft products)?

Considering I mostly use my phone (a Nokia Lumia 925) to make and receive calls, text messages (Whatsapp and regular text messages), check e-mail, check Facebook, web browsing, use HERE maps, make and receive Skype calls, play Ruzzle, read the news (on news apps like Paper Boy and The Guardian) and occasionally take photos. Also consider that I have very little use for Cortana, so if she doesn't work properly I wouldn't really mind.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol to be honest I mostly updated to 8.1 for the action center, quiet hours and the location based reminders.. That last one isn't working very well yet, but i don't mind :)
So yea jump on the 8.1 band wagon :) but be sure you know what you're getting into as not everyone has had success stories to share :/

Fragkiskos GR

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
you won't regret it, so go for it 100% , i haven't spotted glitches either , its perfect. I have to say i am feeling like having a new phone with latest OS ever/ from the future, which is actually! So much capabilities..

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The notification center and Cortana's contact and location based reminders are very valuable new features. Like most, I am very unhappy about losing the level of Facebook integration we are used to, but this is coming your way soon so might as well get used to it anyway.

NiteCourt

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried WP 8.1 but went back to 8. I also have a 925 on T-Mobile. For me it broke the WiFi calling which is a feature I use. I had no major use for the notification center. I just look at my phone once in a while and have the important tiles near the top so I can see if there is a notification. 8.1 killed my battery life. No combo of hard reset, soft, disabling improved the life. I use facebook and sharing a link in 8.1 did just that, shared a link, no preview or anything. They have to fix that. In 8 I would also share to twitter at the same time. You can't do that in 8.1. At least not yet. I really had no use for Cortana. I tried it but it really has no value for my needs. I'm happy staying with 8.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have no glitches that I wasn't able to already handle and deal with. Its like having a new phone. I'd not hesitate. The "official" roll out could also come with glitches, as they usually do, so why wait?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss