Question about Hard Reset

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have a L925 and I updated it to Preview for Dev. Well I realized that the battery was horrible and that it was lagging and freezing so much that I hard reseted it right. Well it just finish and I think I made a mistake. It told me I can restore and so I clicked restore from my most recent back (today) and now that I think about it, would be better if I didn't restore and I just clicked start fresh? Would it be safe to hard reset right after this one so I can click start fresh which means no restore?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
you won't have any problems hard resetting again but why would you not want to restore? :/

Well i have a lot of apps that I don't need but you do have a point. Maybe I should just keep it the way it is and just go through the phone and delete some things I don't need

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Well i have a lot of apps that I don't need but you do have a point. Maybe I should just keep it the way it is and just go through the phone and delete some things I don't need

yeah because installing it manually is a bigger headache than uninstalling apps

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have heard some say that restoring can just bring back the issues you were hard resetting to get rid of in the first place. If I'm going to the trouble of hard resetting any phone I like to start from scratch fresh. Lets say you do a restore and still have same issues afterwards. How do you know you didn't bring the very problem back with the restore? If you start fresh then at least you know its a clean slate. Also gives you a chance to try it fully factory fresh clean to see if you've cured the issues.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have a L925 and I updated it to Preview for Dev. Well I realized that the battery was horrible and that it was lagging and freezing so much that I hard reseted it right. Well it just finish and I think I made a mistake. It told me I can restore and so I clicked restore from my most recent back (today) and now that I think about it, would be better if I didn't restore and I just clicked start fresh? Would it be safe to hard reset right after this one so I can click start fresh which means no restore?

I just did a hard reset for my 520 running 8.1 today. The phone seems much faster after I declined to restore the backup data. Almost no lag, I'll see how it goes after I install a few apps.

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
After doing a hard reset (not clicking start fresh) my phone feels faster than ever. Seriously. Although the battery still isn't amazing, its OK. But almost all the bugs are gone except my phone bugs out a little in IE11. If You are having problems on your phone with preview for developers that I suggest hard reset.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
After doing a hard reset (not clicking start fresh) my phone feels faster than ever. Seriously. Although the battery still isn't amazing, its OK. But almost all the bugs are gone except my phone bugs out a little in IE11. If You are having problems on your phone with preview for developers that I suggest hard reset.

I can't believe the hard reset without restore worked. The first time I hard reset the phone with restore on, and all I got was lags and crashes. I was just about to restore the phone back to 8.0 before trying this. Thanks for the idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire