Alleged WP 8.1.1 changelog on reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
What I said in another thread about this topic:

Nothing in that list sounds official. Almost all list is either NOT related to core OS functionality or is just Android-ifying. Also, it won't be named WP8.1.1. The next 3 updates are obviously GDR1, 2 and 3. After that, Threshold is expect, which will be WP8.2/8.5/9.0.

◾Lock screen applications will be built inside core system -> NO, there are APIs in WP8.1, but there won't be nothing built in.
◾Music controls in Action Center -> Does not make sense IMO.
◾Application Games to be deleted and replaced with Xbox One application -> Does not make sense.
◾Messages in bubbles and chat heads similar to Facebook messenger -> Lol, no. WP design is square.
◾Internet Explorer applications -> What? :))
◾Tiles to update as frequently as 30 seconds if feature is turned on by user or developer -> Bullcr*p. WP8.1 already allows this. See Clock Hub.
◾Music volume controls to be centred -> This is NOT Android.
◾Photos will have description such as name, place and time -> This won't happen. It would bring too much clutter to the interface.

Not core OS functionality:
◾Name to be decided YouTube application to be built completely with html 5 coding as requested by Google
◾Instagram application to have DIRECT MESSAGING and better video uploading capabilities and camera fixes UI for camera to be tweaked with enhanced features from Nokia Camera application
◾KIK Messenger to be finished in late June, overhauled design and html 5 support Skype with completely new design
◾Facebook messenger to have improved notifications, polished design and new set of fonts along with video chat, calling and improved emoji store
◾Facebook application from official company
◾Email/Outlook application to follow same design as computer base
◾Store with wallpapers from featured applications -> There were applications with "wallpapers" since WP7 launched.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I really doubt this list is true. Remember all the fake wp8.1 lists and videos and pictures...

On an unrelated note, am i the only one that really thinks we need a gesture to bring up a list of recently used apps so we can instantly switch between them (even the apps that we closed but were opened recently)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm inclined to go with FAKE on this one. The "who works for Microsoft" line raises the hairs on the back of my neck. I'll sit this one out until we get some corroboration.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I really doubt this list is true. Remember all the fake wp8.1 lists and videos and pictures...

On an unrelated note, am i the only one that really thinks we need a gesture to bring up a list of recently used apps so we can instantly switch between them (even the apps that we closed but were opened recently)
You mean like the fake notification tile which bears an uncanny resemblance to the logo that alerts us about pending notifications?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
On another note, has anyone noticed that 8.1 finally handles,storage properly. Mt storage increased from 1.12GB to 2.8GB just my storing a large album on my phone instead of Sd card by accident and then deleting it

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Application Games to be deleted and replaced with Xbox One application dealing with avatar, messages, remote and other features.

Because they haven't screwed up enough with the Games app...Also...Xbox One app? Well, first, I hope it's just a rebranding. I don't own nor do I intend to own an Xbox One but I do own a ton of WP Xbox Games. So I want the games to be all accessible in a concentrated hub, be it integrated with the OS or as an App.

Secondly, I hope this substitution of the "Games" app for an Xbox-branded one means that it's a step towards bringing Sony into WP, allowing the replacement of the Xbox-branded hub with a PlayStation one.

Meanwhile, the photos hub seems to be left the disastrous mess it's now. Shame.

I do hope that "Features in Action Center" means that all those settings that were inexplicably left out on 8.1 will be added (data toggle etc).

Anyway, I'll believe this when we have more concrete proof. It seems like a lot of stuff for a GDR...

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 – App list sorting and actionable notifications revealed in alleged screenshots | Windows Phone Central
I was talking about this. It's substantially different from WP8.1 yet you can tell that unless the leaker was psychic or Microsoft copied him that its definitely an early version/

Oh this. I remember this. While in this concept you have to go to the app list, I was referring to a gesture..maybe a swipe from the right(or however) to reveal this list. So this way, you can instantly switch to recently used apps (even those you have closed) without going to the startscreen. I don't know if you understand what I mean

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh this. I remember this. While in this concept you have to go to the app list, I was referring to a gesture..maybe a swipe from the right(or however) to reveal this list. So this way, you can instantly switch to recently used apps (even those you have closed) without going to the startscreen. I don't know if you understand what I mean
Oh I was addressing the first part of your post about "fake pics".
I dunno about the recent apps thing because we already have the back button for that

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Fake.
But kik app should be updated now. It always crashes,freezes auto log out.

lawl! good dream!remember when was the last update? 2012... and now we are 2014 xD can you imagine that? at least for wp7 users kik is more "stable", but wow... if I could I wouldn't use that piece of useless crap of IM service, last time I had to create a new account because it was stuck in S.
and it's funny because in the "why are you deactivating your account" they have an option like "my messages were stuck in S" like they really know it happens and they never tried to help me when I wrote support. stupid Kik, useless IM team crap, and stupid app people tend to use and I hate it so much. sometimes my phone would discharge and then it will log out my account xD that means losing messages, and sometimes even contacts. and if you try to contact them they will ignore you anyway! sooo

almost 2 full years and no update from kik crap team... but don't expect an update either, and talking about this feature list... it might sound more fake than real, but I think these list of features is more real than kik team releasing an update someday soon, and don't say like "wp7 app works in wp8".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss