Alleged WP 8.1.1 changelog on reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Marcelo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I saw a post on reddit, who works at microsoft. He said that these features for 8.1.1 is on their bucket list.

Interactive live tiles

Lock screen applications will be built inside core system

Music controls in Action Center

More detailed notifications in Action Center

Dividing line in Action Center

Application Games to be deleted and replaced with Xbox One application dealing with avatar, messages, remote and other features.

Name to be decided YouTube application to be built completely with html 5 coding as requested by Google

Instagram application to have DIRECT MESSAGING and better video uploading capabilities and camera fixes UI for camera to be tweaked with enhanced features from Nokia Camera application

KIK Messenger to be finished in late June, overhauled design and html 5 support Skype with completely new design.

Messages in bubbles and chat heads similar to Facebook messenger?

Facebook messenger to have improved notifications, polished design and new set of fonts along with video chat, calling and improved emoji store

OneNote to have many new features as Word.

A possible merger Ability to set WordFlow's guide line to accent invisible

Give users choice to have invisible tiles on individual applications

New lock screen gestures input and other unique, disclosed password input technique options

Calculator upgrades to version 2 with more scientific features

Month view drastically changed in design in calendar application

Alarm application to feature a stopwatch, timer and splits

Cortana to head out of beta

Internet Explorer applications

Give uses the choice to delete Podcasts application

New voice memo application Backgrounds (Accent Colour 2)

Store with wallpapers from featured applications

Ability to favorite applications in store to better suggestions

Unit converting applications

Change colour of keyboard to black, white, gray, accent colour without changing background color

Keep word suggestion bar hidden until something is typed

Tiles to update as frequently as 30 seconds if feature is turned on by user or developer

Music volume controls to be centered

OneNote having abilities to use art tools

Facebook application from official company

Email/Outlook application to follow same design as computer base

Photos will have description such as name, place and time

Credits to microsoftly at Reddit
Here's the orig link: Windows Phone update 8.1.1 : windowsphone

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Holy mother of all things windows phones :shocked: That is one massively impressive list! :crying: Tears of joy!!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
hmm I don't know about this. it seems to good to be true. besides this seems like to be the version to be OTA if it was true. right now ill wait till WPC makes an article

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Dividing line in Action Center? Music volume controls in Action Center? I'm glad they have their priorities straight.

The only ones that are interesting to me are interactive live tiles and lockscreen gestures (like in W8). The rest is just mostly fluff or someone's fantasy of adding more features just for the sake of adding more features. Get the games out of the app list first.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Music app to be updated to follow WP8.1 UI guidelines? I don't see it being mentioned :| or maybe because this is an OS update list, and the music app isn't integrated into the OS anymore.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dividing line in Action Center? Music volume controls in Action Center? I'm glad they have their priorities straight.

The only ones that are interesting to me are interactive live tiles and lockscreen gestures (like in W8). The rest is just mostly fluff or someone's fantasy of adding more features just for the sake of adding more features. Get the games out of the app list first.

They could revamp the app list screen. Add buttons for Games, Apps, Recent, and others on top of the app list.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If this is true, and if Microsoft keeps this rate of upgrade for Windows Phone, this is gonna be amazing.

These ones are all juicy to me :

"Interactive live Tiles
Music controls in Action Center
More detailed notifications in Action Center
Dividing line in Action Center
Application Games to be deleted and replaced with Xbox One application dealing with avatar, messages, remote and other features.
New lock screen gestures input and other unique, disclosed password input technique options"

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Shoot. If this is right, hot damn! I doubt it, but, shoot, oh lord. It just sounds to nice. Summer seems to soon for all of this to be ready. I mean, WP 8.1 is suppose to be out in the summer. Unless they have actually been listening to everyone during the dev. preview and actually implement in it in the final release. Man that would be sick!

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think they are separate "developer preview".
Somebody, claiming to work for Microsoft, said we were going to see Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 in autumn, so a related developer preview during summer could make sense.
He said the new Windows Phone upgrade rate was going to be a major release every year and several (I expect a coule of them) minor update between them.

Oh and I do really hope that "other unique, disclosed password input technique options" can mean supporting unlocking the phone with NFC ring

Last edited:

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Indeed what the hell? And having the music controls in the Action Center - sucks deeply like on Android. They should make it part of the lock screen itself and keep the rest as it is. Most of these features sound like unnecessary clutter - they should send some people to WhatsApp, Xbox Music, Facebook - to make sure they do their jobs right. And why the hell do they want message bubbles? Bubbles are ugly and not Metro. I guess lots of people are on WP8 because of the aesthetics, why change that to Android design? Android doesn't seem to have much resources focused on design - mostly on functionality. Good functionality though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05