Welp. TimeMe seems a bust

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
After having it for two days on my lock screen, I get up the third day and I'm looking at weather on my screen from the day before. And its not changing. Tapped the app figuring I could wake it up. No soap. Rebooted my Lumia 920 figuring it needed a refresh? No cigar here either. Went into the settings and tried to force an update there and those tiles are just as dead as this app.

Inasmuch as it Is not transparent, I'm headed back to Bing Weather for now. Now I hate that I have to shuffle my tiles around to accommodate a traditional tile but TileMe seems is not yet ready to manage the pressures of Windows Phone 8.1. What are you using with a transparent tile?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have Clock Hub with the weather turned off next to Vieather (which isn't the best, but it's reliable enough and has a transparent tile).

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have TimeMe installed on my Lumia 1520 w Win Phone 8.1 Dev Preview. It (kinda) works, an update was released yesterday & it is persisting more than before.

That being said, this is an alpha release (not to beta, yet) & just like the Win Phone 8.1 Dev Preview (final beta) is a bit buggy. I've gotten it to persist (update / stay resident) a bit more with the update - I think it'll be worthwhile enough, after the bugs are ironed out. The feature I like, is the ability to display time, day & full date (incl year) on a wide tile w a weather & battery glance. It's not on my lockscreen, just a transparent wide tile (top & center) on my start screen... and it does require WinPhone 8.1 (don't know how / if it works on WinPhone 8.0).

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have TimeMe installed on my Lumia 1520 w Win Phone 8.1 Dev Preview. It (kinda) works, an update was released yesterday & it is persisting more than before. That being said, this is an alpha release (not to beta, yet) & just like the Win Phone 8.1 Dev Preview (final beta) is a bit buggy. I've gotten it to persist (update / stay resident) a bit more with the update - I think it'll be worthwhile enough, after the bugs are ironed out. The feature I like, is the ability to display time, day & full date (incl year) on a wide tile w a weather & battery glance. It's not on my lockscreen, just a transparent wide tile (top & center) on my start screen... and it does require WinPhone 8.1 (don't know how / if it works on WinPhone 8.0).
I can admit it shows promise but while it works on features, the time can't be wrong like it is and available for download. Before this latest version, my clock would not update for 20 plus minutes at a time. Someone suggested downloading a sideload because it has the bonus of updating every minute. Who'd thunk a clock that updates normally is a bonus. Anyway, this version looked good and for a couple days, I got somewhat used to it. I'll probably revisit it once its final.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers