Battery draining after 8.1 update

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
What to do ????
if you have recently updated your phone you will face random issue regrarding battery drainage. it will automatically get stable after 2 to three weeks. you can do the following. go to battery saver app turn off background tasks for apps which you dont want to run in background for example messenger, facebook instagram, etc they use up a lot of battery, also cortana uses a lot of battery for background tasks so if you dont use cortana very often then disable her background tasks. hope it solves everything...enjoy wp8.1 dev preview :)

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Windows phone
Can upls explain me what is background tasks Mr.Kaushik
Sure buddy 😊 background tasks are actually processes which takes place even when you are not using the app. For example you are using a battery saver app for seeing the battery percentage on your tile. So you are not actually opening the app but the app is gathering info in the the background regarding your battery status and is displaying the info on your live tile. So if you off the task it doesn't take up much of your battery. This was just an example though. There are apps which I mentioned above. So switch these tasks off. 😊

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The big items for me were:
1- Turning off battery saver completely (not allowed to run in background)
2- Turning off sync settings (themes, favorites, etc.)
3- Changing the settings on most apps so they can't use location services
4- Dropping and re-adding my email accounts (they got stuck syncing) and setting them to update every 30 minutes with only a 7 day sync.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The big items for me were:
1- Turning off battery saver completely (not allowed to run in background)
2- Turning off sync settings (themes, favorites, etc.)
3- Changing the settings on most apps so they can't use location services
4- Dropping and re-adding my email accounts (they got stuck syncing) and setting them to update every 30 minutes with only a 7 day sync.

Can you add these to the "Battery solution" thread :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium