Battery solution

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If your battery sucks since 8.1, don't open battery saver! It will stay open in the background and eat on your battery. So, if you do open it, immediately close it in the multitasking menu. Solved. If you find any other tasks that eat the battery in the background, post them here.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
While looking for new wp news about a week ago I came across a post from someone saying that turning Cortana off helps safe battery life..
I checked my phone, but her battery use is moderate to say the least.. Just thought I'd share it anyways :smile:

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have disable this and now my battery back to normal:
- Cortana disable from backround task, yes it will be disable some auto function of Cortana but if you want save more % battery better do not let Cortana run in the backround
- Battery saver disable from backround task
- Callendar disable from backround task
- Store disable from backround task

what I allow it:
whatsapp, facebook, twitter
With 3G connection on, and normal usage my 720 come back life for more than 1 and a half days :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have disable this and now my battery back to normal:
- Cortana disable from backround task, yes it will be disable some auto function of Cortana but if you want save more % battery better do not let Cortana run in the backround
- Battery saver disable from backround task
- Callendar disable from backround task
- Store disable from backround task

what I allow it:
whatsapp, facebook, twitter
With 3G connection on, and normal usage my 720 come back life for more than 1 and a half days :)

The Cortana battery drain problem isn't an issue for everybody.. It's weird :/

reded23

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Its not any one App, its the OS that is at fault here. Disabling this app or that won't help in the long run. The first App I found to be draining the battery was Skype, the phone was red hot until I forced quit it. Since then I have had the same issue with a number of different apps each time quitting them or soft resetting the phone cured it (till the next time). I suspect something in the OS that is used by apps is the culprit.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the x to kill the app and I have no battery problems. I have opened it and used the back button to close it so I will see if I see any difference over the next few hours. I am currently using 0.2% per hour when the phone is on idle.

reded23

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
But battery saver will kill it. Period.
For you maybe, but for me it has been Skype, and Nextgen Reader, for others I have seen Cortana, IE and more. I don't honestly think its these programs but an underling OS issue. Just to make sure as I have seen confusion in other threads, I am talking about the issue where the phone heats up very hot and then battery is dead in under an hour from 100%.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The Cortana battery drain problem isn't an issue for everybody.. It's weird :/

Even if it is....Isn't that the point of having 8.1 ? If your going to disable one of the primary features of 8.1 why not just stick with 8.0 ?

I've disabled a lot of stuff (look through my past posts for a list of what I disabled), I can get through a day on my ICON with MOST stuff but, if I start playing games, all I have to say is I better be near a charger... 5 min game (Real Racing 2 for example) will drop my battery by 10%.... and if your torwards the end of the day, that could be the phone killer for the night...

I still think there is slight drain after tweaking it but, I think that is something that will be adressed in the firmware when it's released as a final/RTM from Nokia...or Verizon in my case.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Even if it is....Isn't that the point of having 8.1 ? If your going to disable one of the primary features of 8.1 why not just stick with 8.0 ?

I've disabled a lot of stuff (look through my past posts for a list of what I disabled), I can get through a day on my ICON with MOST stuff but, if I start playing games, all I have to say is I better be near a charger... 5 min game (Real Racing 2 for example) will drop my battery by 10%.... and if your torwards the end of the day, that could be the phone killer for the night...

I still think there is slight drain after tweaking it but, I think that is something that will be adressed in the firmware when it's released as a final/RTM from Nokia...or Verizon in my case.

Ehm some only wanted the notification center, updated calender and better volume control :) So no, not everyone was interested in Cortana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6