Love windows phone 8.1 beta on my 1520!!!

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So many post are negative. I believe people such as myself are simply silent. I had an issue with the initial download ( phase 2 , day of release) otherwise 8.1 Preview has been F*CKIN AWESOME!!!!!
I loved Windows Phone 8 and I love 8.1 even more. Everything Works!!! . I would love for Cortana to speak more and less Bing reliant, but it is a preview. The reminders , location , people is amazing. She does everything I ask. The Action Center is like Wow. I didn't realize how much I missed it until using it. The Screen transparency start screen in itself was brilliant .{{ How Microsoft gave us some creative control yet remain within the Metro Tile Format!!}

I feel bad for those having technical issues. I wish they could experience the potential of 8.1.

I'm soo glad I own the 1520 . I do believe our built in power and quality makes a difference in the integration of the 8.1 PREVIEW. I look forward to the official release!!!

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I was one of the first to install it on my 1520 early that morning upon release. I installed knowing that the firmware might not be 100% compatible, some app updates would be needed, and some aspects of the OS are still in beta. I don't have any major issues. Occasionally I run into the 'power button' glitch but it doesn't happen on a regular basis, and sometimes the notification center does not properly open the Facebook notification I click on but most of the time it does. Also some apps are not yet compatible or have minor compatibility issues though the vast majority work fine. I also did a hard reset; the backup/restore process worked relatively well with only 3 apps I needed to manually reinstall.
Overall I'm satisfied with the upgrade, and I'm confident than any minor stability issues will be fixed between the Lumia Cyan update and any minor patch that Microsoft pushes for 8.1. Until then it is still very usable and still more stable than an Android phone, at least in my experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb