People Hub - Contact photos won't sync!

crusader994

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello fellow WP users! I just updated to 8.1 last week and I'm loving it! There is just one issue for me,and that is the People Hub. No matter how many times I manually sync my Outlook account,contact profile pictures just won't show up. Does anybody know what could be the problem and how to solve it? I just want to see my friends instead of empty squares on my home screen.. Thanks in advance.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey welcome to WPC forums :smile:
You have to install Facebook (stable version ) , here is the link Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
Now go to phone settings/emal+accounts/then add Facebook account. This will sync Facebook contacts in your people hub. If they do no appear you have to link contacts to Facebook account. To do so , go to people hub /tap on a contact /tap on 3 dots and then tap on link option /select the contact or tap on choose contact.

crusader994

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!

I don't want to link my Facebook contacts,only the Skype/Outlook ones... When I look into my address book at Outlook.com I can see the pictures just fine. It used to work flawlessly before I upgraded.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

I don't want to link my Facebook contacts,only the Skype/Outlook ones... When I look into my address book at Outlook.com I can see the pictures just fine. It used to work flawlessly before I upgraded.

Try to link Skype contacts :smile:

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

crusader994

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I already did that. I believe that the Skype contacts are tied to my Microsoft Account (or Outlook). I can see both my Outlook people and Skype contats, both with missing photos. When I link an Outlook contact with a Skype one, it doesnt update it either. I really don't know. Is there a way to unlink my Microsoft account? Maybe removing it and then logging back in would solve it..

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
A question:

How do I remove/delete profile photo in People Hub for both W8.0 and W8.1? Can't seem to find this delete function though you can replace with another photo, but not totally delete it without deleting the contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99