well... after weeks of updating, using, and loving WP 8.1 Preview, i just noticed that i don't have wifi-sense installed.anyone have the same problem or know why?
    04-27-2014 05:38 AM
    You need to have location on to enable wifi_sense
    Is it listed under turn wifi on ?
    04-27-2014 05:42 AM
    I have more Wi-Fi connection in my building,each floor have separate connection,but if I used one floor connection and left the floor,it doesn't automatically change the connection.
    It has no sense.
    04-27-2014 05:53 AM
    I have more Wi-Fi connection in my building,each floor have separate connection,but if I used one floor connection and left the floor,it doesn't automatically change the connection.
    It has no sense.
    This has nothing to be related to wifi sense , it all depends on wifi reception in your building and on your phone. Read more about wifi sense here http://www.windowscentral.com/wi-fi-...ndows-phone-81

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    04-27-2014 06:08 AM
    You need to have location on to enable wifi_sense
    Is it listed under turn wifi on ?
    I have my Location turned on and I too do not have Wi-Fi Sense enabled.

Could be a USA only thing again...
    04-27-2014 07:01 AM
    I have my Location turned on and I too do not have Wi-Fi Sense enabled.

Could be a USA only thing again...

Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk

Seems like a software bug. Did you tried a hard reset ?
    04-27-2014 07:38 AM
    Seems like a software bug. Did you tried a hard reset ?
    No I did not, but I do suspect that Wi-Fi Sense is linked to Cortana, thus I'm not getting the feature enable as I did not change my current region to USA to enable Cortana.
    04-27-2014 07:43 AM
    No I did not, but I do suspect that Wi-Fi Sense is linked to Cortana, thus I'm not getting the feature enable as I did not change my current region to USA to enable Cortana.
    My region is Germany, hence I haven't got Cortana either, but I do have Wi-Fi Sense. The only difference is that it doesn't have the geofencing feature which turns Wi-Fi on when you're near pre-defined places.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone
    04-27-2014 07:50 AM
    My region is Germany, hence I haven't got Cortana either, but I do have Wi-Fi Sense. The only difference is that it doesn't have the geofencing feature which turns Wi-Fi on when you're near pre-defined places.
    Hmm, strange indeed...

Anyway, I'm not really bothered by the lack of Wi-Fi Sense. But I do hope that Microsoft opens up more of their services to the world instead of USA only.
    04-27-2014 07:57 AM
    Hmm, strange indeed...

Anyway, I'm not really bothered by the lack of Wi-Fi Sense. But I do hope that Microsoft opens up more of their services to the world instead of USA only.

Absolutely. Given the fact that WP has a higher marketshare in many countries than it has in the US, it's a ridiculous decision to restrict services to only that one country.

04-27-2014 08:07 AM
    Well im in Indonesia but i change my region to US for Cortana and full experience of 8.1. I'm a bit disappointed that apparently I can't. I've already tried hard reset but still no good. Not that I will use it frequently, but its nice to have full feature as promised
    04-27-2014 08:48 AM
    Well im in Indonesia but i change my region to US for Cortana and full experience of 8.1. I'm a bit disappointed that apparently I can't. I've already tried hard reset but still no good. Not that I will use it frequently, but its nice to have full feature as promised
    Changing region alone doesn't suffice. You need to change language to English US as well. After that Cortana will appear in the settings where you need to enable it.
    04-27-2014 08:57 AM
    As per what dKp1977 said, you'll need to change your phone Language to English (United States) as well in order for Cortana to show her face to you...
    04-27-2014 09:07 AM
    No, Wi-Fi sense is not linked to Cortana. Yet it needs to have location turned on so it can compare to the database to know it is near an open free WiFi spot, elsewhere. Cortana works differently to turn WiFi on when you are close to a stored Favorite Place.
    04-27-2014 11:24 AM
    No guys, you misunderstood. I already have Cortana working perfectly. What i'm dissapointed in is that i can't seem to find (or have) wifi sense in my phone, hence not having 8.1 full feature as promised
    04-27-2014 04:56 PM
    No guys, you misunderstood. I already have Cortana working perfectly. What i'm dissapointed in is that i can't seem to find (or have) wifi sense in my phone, hence not having 8.1 full feature as promised
    This must be a bug in your phone. Can you post a screenshot of wifi page ?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    04-27-2014 06:59 PM