No support for SOL REPUBLIC's 3-Button Mic + Music Control?

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I've just got a pair of SOL REPUBLIC's Amps i4. They sound great and give quite a punch with my 920, but the play, volume up/down buttons doesen't work at all. The official page says that:

3-button mic + music control is designed specifically for full feature compatibility with recent generations of Apple devices. The audio and mic are likely to work with most devices that have a 3.5mm jack, including but not limited to Android, Blackberry and Windows devices.

So no love to WP again?

Type_Grey

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It's not just Windows Phones which will experience that problem, but Androids, Blackberrys, etc. The issue is that headsets which are "Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad" (you'll see the sticker on the box) use technology which is specific to Apple products and not everything is compatible with other devices. So what they say is true, the audio and mic will work, but the extra features such as volume and track controls will not.

Here's a guide (taken from the Beats Tour 2 manual, but still relevant) which shows the difference:

Capture.PNG

If it's not too late to return your pair, I recommend picking up a pair of a-JAYS Fives, of which there is a Windows specific version available: Jays - a-JAYS Five

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
you can still use the middle button.
press once for play/pause, once to take calls/hang up, twice for next song, thrice for previous song, and hold for..Cortana :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss