Going back to 8.0

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm thinking of going back to Windows Phone 8.0. I keep getting a unresponsive screen issue meaning I have to soft reset everytime. Anybody else have that issue too? Lumia 920

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Still getting the unresponsive screen :(

Okay, now that you have a clean install, make sure that you have the latest Nokia updates too, like Display+Touch, etc. Go to the Store and check for updates. Then after that go to the Glance settings and it will probably ask you restart the phone.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now that you have a clean install, make sure that you have the latest Nokia updates too, like Display+Touch, etc. Go to the Store and check for updates. Then after that go to the Glance settings and it will probably ask you restart the phone.
Yeah tried that, but no luck, I went back to 8.0 now. So far I have no issues on 8.0

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Keep getting loading message before screen comes back very annoying! Have done multiple soft reset ! Does WP 8.1 save start screen during back up?

howiewolverine

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I downgraded to 8.0 today as well. As much as I like the new features in 8.1, the OS is just not quite ready for prime time yet. The WIFI was inconsistent, my WhatsApp notifications didn't work, the browser was incompatible with some web sites that I use often, etc. I am really looking forward to the official upgrade for my phone, though. I'll be the first to upgrade.

Whatsup67

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm going back to 8.0 as well 920 in Australia to buggy and screen lag.i don't think it's ready for everyday use just yet.its a shame it has so much potential to be a great os.maybe things will change when it all gets released officially,but not for me right now

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well i downgraded to 8.0 but still got the unresponsive screen, its now kinda a paper holder now. I brought it to my carrier so the could so if it is reparable.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a device specific issue to me. Hopefully you get a replacement!

Next week it will be done to pick up. Thing is the screen was already replaced 2 months ago and today was last day before warranty for the replaced parts ended. So I was just in time, but couldn't believe the problem was still in 8.0 :/

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I went back to 8.0 on my Lumia 1520 last night, because I was getting the power button issue (2-3 times per day) and the indefinite "Loading..." or "Resuming..." message after unlocking (5-6 times a day).

The issue with the power button is that sometimes it won't bring the device out of standby. Sometimes using the camera button is a workaround, otherwise a soft reset is required. Sometimes the screen is completely blank but the device is still on (it's still warm), again a soft reset is required.

No problems at all now that I'm back on 8.0.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I went back to 8.0 on my Lumia 1520 last night, because I was getting the power button issue (2-3 times per day) and the indefinite "Loading..." or "Resuming..." message after unlocking (5-6 times a day).

The issue with the power button is that sometimes it won't bring the device out of standby. Sometimes using the camera button is a workaround, otherwise a soft reset is required. Sometimes the screen is completely blank but the device is still on (it's still warm), again a soft reset is required.

No problems at all now that I'm back on 8.0.
Well I went back on 8.0 but than still had the problem with the unresponsive screen, meaning I ended up same place. So I brought it to my carrier for repair. Good thing I have a HTC8X as back up phone. with 8.1 on it

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I was very tempted to try out 8.1, but after reading so many negative experiences I think I wait for the official release before making a move that I might regret. So, patient I will be!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss