Microsoft Account Error: 80070490

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone experience this syncing problem?

I can't sync it. But I am able to use the Windows Store (Download and Update) and its Outlook.com (Send and Recive emails) account.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone experience this syncing problem?

I can't sync it. But I am able to use the Windows Store (Download and Update) and its Outlook.com (Send and Recive emails) account.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

I had the same problem i just did hard reset now working fine but i lost each and every thing on my phone

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem i just did hard reset now working fine but i lost each and every thing on my phone

Hard Reset? For my apps is ok, I can redownload it. But how about my Messages especially when the contact is not saved on my phone or my peoples hub? Will it be synced/saved to the cloud?

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hard Reset? For my apps is ok, I can redownload it. But how about my Messages especially when the contact is not saved on my phone or my peoples hub? Will it be synced/saved to the cloud?

I told you earlier i wasn't able to restore my messages and contacts back...that was a real bad experience with 8.1 but...they say let the phone to back up your messages and contact and after letting phone do the reset after more than 24 hours...while connected to wifi as messages get backed up every 24 hour on wifi connection...but am not sure

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I told you earlier i wasn't able to restore my messages and contacts back...that was a real bad experience with 8.1 but...they say let the phone to back up your messages and contact and after letting phone do the reset after more than 24 hours...while connected to wifi as messages get backed up every 24 hour on wifi connection...but am not sure

Ouch! I didn't thought that this thing will be hard for me.

Well as long as I get app updates and can send and receive emails from my MS account, I think I'm going to stick on my current system. It's hard for me to use a hard reset because I do have at least 30-40 messages without having saving it to my phones contracts.

I'll wait for the official consumer update to arrive before performing it. Maybe that time that backup feature is fixed.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Ouch! I didn't thought that this thing will be hard for me.

Well as long as I get app updates and can send and receive emails from my MS account, I think I'm going to stick on my current system. It's hard for me to use a hard reset because I do have at least 30-40 messages without having saving it to my phones contracts.

I'll wait for the official consumer update to arrive before performing it. Maybe that time that backup feature is fixed.

It's MS which stinks... Love Nokia

bAN01TgAZ

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I too am getting this error, strangely though my emails come through fine, I can install new or pre-installed apps,

Last.fm fails to load, but as its delisted i think thats the cause...

It started when I received the 8.1 dev preview, and I have two devices, this is only on my NL1020, my NL920 is unaffected.

wp_ss_20140520_0001.png

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I too am getting this error, strangely though my emails come through fine, I can install new or pre-installed apps,

Last.fm fails to load, but as its delisted i think thats the cause...

It started when I received the 8.1 dev preview, and I have two devices, this is only on my NL1020, my NL920 is unaffected.

View attachment 67036

Best to remove hide your emails if you don't want to get your inbox full of spam lol.

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
i am having the same issue on my new at&t lumia 1520. after upgrading it to cyan i got this error. i can download apps and sync my email, calender, and contacts plus my backups work just fine. but it wont fully sync the metadata for my contacts (e.g. linked contacts from multiple accounts [facebook, twitter, linkedin, outlook.com, etc], ringtones, etc). i have factory reset the device at least 20 times and even used the the lumia recovery tool as a fix but that didnt work either. currently running windows phone 8.1.1 DP and the only issue is the 80070490 MS account error. When i rolled back my Lumia ICON from 8.1.1 DP with Lumia Black to standard wp8 i got the exact same error. so there has to be something wrong with my account but im not exactly sure.

i am currently exchanging emails with MS support regarding this issue and will keep this thread updated.

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I got an email today from Microsoft saying that I need to do a factory reset through the Lumia Recovery tool to reset my OS back to the standard Windows Phone 8.1 due to a "Critical update not being installed". I told them that I have already tried that several times already and that I wouldn't work but that im willing to try it again.

after doing the software reset I got the same error. I notified Microsoft with the Receipt and screenshots and I am currently awaiting a response.

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
that doesn't help with the issue that edwaine and I are having. as he and I have stated we can download and install apps and send and receive emails thru outlook.com but we still get the 80070490 error when syncing our account.

I have just got off the phone with AT&T and they are sending me a new phone with the thinking that it was a bad update from Lumia Black to Lumia Cyan since the issue started when I updated. we will see on Thursday when I get the phone.

justinhow

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue.
Microsoft looked at my account and could find nothing wrong with it. They looked at the communication with my account when I clicked sync but could still see nothing wrong.
I have also done a hard reset - still not working,
Changed phone - still not working.
Not good.
Not had a WP backup in 5 months as that is broken as well as email sync account problem. Gets to 99% then fails.

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It has also followed me over to windows 10 on my surface 3, envy aio and my dell laptop. When I sync my email i get the exact same error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos