Windows Phone 8.1 wallpaper quality

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed how in Windows Phone 8.1 when you put a background image the quality seems to downgrade. it just look less 'hd' then the original. I'm using the Lumia 521 and yes I know it doesn't have the best specs. Still, when I see the image it looks good. Heck even the lock screen keeps the image quality.

So my question is. Have you have had this 'issue/thing'? Or is it Windows Phone 8.1 or my phone?

PS: I did 't know where to put this so.... Sorry :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Liam Power

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was going crazy! YES I notice the exact same thing! When I use the transparent tiles over a wallpaper, the wallpaper below does always appear like a low-res version! Anyone else notice this?

Not much help but I see it too...

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It's pretty darn annoying. You just don't get what you see. I've even tried a really high resolution... Still bad quality. I hope that this is just a bug and get fix before the official release!!!!

BadIntentVG

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Same exact thing for me on my 8X. Glad I'm not alone! Not glad that this is a problem to begin with though...

That said, I wonder why the preloaded images are perfect quality when used as backgrounds?

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
on everyone's device it's like that, to make the parallax effect,the picture in the background has to be larger in order for the icons to have space where to slide,for the images to appear more crisp,you have to download the wallpaper you want with the highest resolution,you can download the same picture with native and high res and you'll sure see the difference,that's how i'm doing at least :wink:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Backgrounds seem to look better if they're either patterns or slightly blurred. But that's just my preferences I guess...

14062316444_cb411ba440_b.jpg

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
for the images to appear more crisp,you have to download the wallpaper you want with the highest resolution,you can download the same picture with native and high res and you'll sure see the difference,that's how i'm doing at least :wink:

The pics still look bad. I even used some wallpapers that my PC uses its like 1440x786. I'll try with a higher resolution and also do what Aperture said to have a blurred image.

This is my home screen right now (before I change it).

http://imgur.com/JI69gio
Here's another link if that one don't work I.imgur.com/JI69gio.png

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but still even the photo itself looks like a masterpiece. No kidding. The quality is strong im this one lol. Must be a Lumia 1020 or 920 those two phones have an insane camera!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Backgrounds seem to look better if they're either patterns or slightly blurred. But that's just my preferences I guess...

Bing! No, you're absolutely right. Natural backgrounds with some nice blur look infinitely more appealing than anime characters, Batman, your imaginary girlfriend, etc. It's even worse when every tile is transparent to show it off. You have the lock screen for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett