8.1 Developer Preview Everything Music Thread

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My meta data stuff is still screwed up after this update so this update doesn't mean a whole lot. As far as I'm concerned, it took them 2 1/2 weeks to make a transparent live tile and remove the playlist limit? These updates are too small and mundane for real change.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When I connect to bluetooth (my car), play music, and shut the car off (thusly, disconnecting the bluetooth), it closes Xbox Music.

Music + Videos didn't do that (it would, simply, pause the audio).

As such, when I get into my car (the next time), I can't hit play on my bluetooth.

I have to re-open the app and hit play, in the app.

I'm not sure if it was part of the update or not, but turning off the Bluetooth still leaves the play button with the volume controls.
It does seem to shut the app down though.
Unfortunately, I still can't start playing music from Bluetooth, though.
JJ

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm less happy now... it still searches for music every bloody time and apparently, Avril Lavigne recorded The White Album, Abbey Road and so on... yeah when I open The Beatles, it becomes Avril Lavigne (name and backdrop and all).

It's amazing how screwed up this thing is...

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
For the first time I actually did a hard reset of my phone with 8.1. I loaded up my SD card full of 12k mp3s. It took a long time to index my music but I will admit the app performs a lot better now. It's actually tolerable. Still not as fast as it could be but I could live with it. So a hard reset made a big difference for me.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For the first time I actually did a hard reset of my phone with 8.1. I loaded up my SD card full of 12k mp3s. It took a long time to index my music but I will admit the app performs a lot better now. It's actually tolerable. Still not as fast as it could be but I could live with it. So a hard reset made a big difference for me.

I'm working on reorganizing my MP3 with new taggings and such. I've wiped them all and redoing them (in excess of 1200 so it's a little long :p ). After that I will do a hard reset and see how it behaves. Hoping for... well if not the best, better.

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Howcome "Add to now playing" adds the song at the END of the current playlist, it used to add it right after the song currently playing before .

the older method was better -_-

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm working on reorganizing my MP3 with new taggings and such. I've wiped them all and redoing them (in excess of 1200 so it's a little long :p ). After that I will do a hard reset and see how it behaves. Hoping for... well if not the best, better.

I use mp3tag to tag all my music and embed album art. Make sure you have album artist tagged-it makes things a lot easier.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I use mp3tag to tag all my music and embed album art. Make sure you have album artist tagged-it makes things a lot easier.

Thanks for the tip! That's also what I'm using and since I wanted everything to be as complete as possible, I started adding the ALBUMARTIST field... makes things a bit longer but I guess it's worth it! :)

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! That's also what I'm using and since I wanted everything to be as complete as possible, I started adding the ALBUMARTIST field... makes things a bit longer but I guess it's worth it! :)

The app sorts by album artist if it is present (it did this with Zune too). It makes it a lot easier- for albums that are a compilations I found it helpful to just put album artist as various artists. Last year over a 2 month period of time I ripped over 500 cds to FLAC and retagged everything using MP3tag- I then batch converted the FLAC files to 128 mp3 using dbconverter (with the LAME mp3 converter). It was a lot of trial and error but I finally got everything tagged correctly. If they get the Music app straightened out I will evenually get a 128gb sdcard and re-encode everything to 256 kbps Mp3. Music is a big deal to me. Quite frankly if they don't get the Music app to improve I may end up jumping ship to Android because of this.

Last edited:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The app sorts by album artist if it is present (it did this with Zune too). It makes it a lot easier- for albums that are a compilations I found it helpful to just put album artist as various artists. Last year over a 2 month period of time I ripped over 500 cds to FLAC and retagged everything using MP3tag- I then batch converted the FLAC files to 128 mp3 using dbconverter (with the LAME mp3 converter). It was a lot of trial and error but I finally got everything tagged correctly. If they get the Music app straightened out I will evenually get a 128gb sdcard and re-encode everything to 256 kbps Mp3. Music is a big deal to me. Quite frankly if they don't get the Music app to improve I may end up jumping ship to Android because of this.

Me too! It's the main reason I have this thing. I'm not ready to jump ship yet but I will keep the OS only if a decent music app comes out. If not XBox Music, maybe OneMusic will do the trick.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
just 2 simple things will satisfy me...and they are 2 features we used to have...show the artist now playing in the damn start screen tile and let me choose the art from one the few decent apps developed for Music (MPATool)!!!!!!!

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
just 2 simple things will satisfy me...and they are 2 features we used to have...show the artist now playing in the damn start screen tile and let me choose the art from one the few decent apps developed for Music (MPATool)!!!!!!!

And "new releases". Gotta have new releases

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
After retagging everything, it seems to be a lot better... that was a lot of work but apparently worth it! It even seems... faster (Yeah I know but this time it's true so... :winktongue:)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a bug where a few of my albums doesn't have album arts. I've checked to make sure that before copying over, they do have album arts on my computer. I even downloaded the app which lets me bring back the old music hub and the album arts are there. Even in the car dash app, the album arts are there. Anyone knows how to fix this??

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
My PCs library is really messed up whenever I sync my phone and the PC, all of the songs that I downloaded from Nokia Mix Radio are in an unknown album. What should I do? Really in a puddle here, since no thread that is related to music has an answer to this
Regards,
P.S. I love album art. No, I am not crazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss