8.1 Developer Preview Everything Music Thread

chriswithpants

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 930 with the latest Developer Preview build. Playing music on the device is having issues. I'll hit random and it will play a few songs fine, but then get stuck on a track (i.e. at the start of a song, it will show it's playing, but there's no sound and the progress bar does not move from 0:00). After that, no tracks will play, including the tracks that have already been playing (i.e. going back to a track that worked previously).

If I unplug the headphones the music will play through the phone speakers, and then again through the headphones once I plug them back in. Standard headphones, no microphone (Bose QC15).

​Thoughts?

Last edited:

air lee

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
My Lumai 920 phone is WP 8.1 Preview Ver 8010.14147.180. But It's normal music not Xbox music. I don't know why it's so. AnyOne helps me.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me, is there a way to clear the "Recent Plays" list as I've deleted all music from phone and it's still there. Stop+clear doesn't do it either?

TheNoise

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I?ve got a Lumia 920, running the most recent 8.1 Developer Preview version (updated just the morning of 8.20), along with the most recent Music app (updated 8.9.14). Since the update the Music app is showing ANY of my local music. It loads much quicker now (used to get hung on the green screen with headphones) but after loading? nothing is there. Nothing listed in the Artists, Songs, Albums, or even Playlists.

I don?t stream music through the app, just play local music stored on my phone.

MixRadio works perfectly, displays and plays all of my music without issue. Then I switch back to the Music app and still nothing.

Have closed the Music app several times, restarted the phone several times. Nothing.

Phone details:
OS version: 8.10.14157.200
Firmware revision number: 3051.40000.1347.1001

Music details:
Version: 2.6.186.0

Anyone seeing any sort of issue with the most recent Music app version?

Took a video this afternoon of what it is doing: youtube.com/watch?v=HXmXlcKjyug

epmoj

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I have the exact same problem as chriswithpants. On a 1520 though. Music plays fine for a while but then suddenly stops between tracks. I've noticed similar behavior with Spotify (music stops between tracks). I guess if it was a network problem the music would stop anywhere in the middle of the track but it's always between tracks. So the same problem persist with music locally on the phone and when streaming...
I'm using random play too (both locally and streaming)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
no news on the next update? I've been having problems with newly added songs, everything I copy to my wp from my pc will show a 80070002 error, if I go through the files app or mixradio it plays normally, but on mixradio I see those songs repeated like 3 times, seems to be a problem with the registry or something, when I copy and paste a song from the music folder to somewhere else It works but after a while it doesn't, don't really know what to do next

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Any fix for the annoying quick burst during transition between tracks? On the last second prior to the next song there is a quick burst sound. I am running the current 8.1 on a 525 :(

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Heya, is there any way to get the artist picture to show on the live tile while playing music? As of now, it only works for songs I "preview" from the xbox music store (which isn't supported in my country), but the music on my phone doesn't show artist picture on the live tile (even tho some of them have the artist picture inside the app)

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
@Miroslav Kazimirovic
As far as I know, the app only detects songs bought from Xbox Music, so if the songs were downloaded elsewhere I am afraid it won't show up

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Btw how to embed artist artwork to your collection. The mpa tool worked fine earlier. Is there any software that can be used on PC to attach album artist backgrounds.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@Miroslav Kazimirovic
As far as I know, the app only detects songs bought from Xbox Music, so if the songs were downloaded elsewhere I am afraid it won't show up
Sorry, beg to add offer on that. I have all my dongs from XBM and some have artist pictures and others don't. Why this is, I don't know. I think it may have to do with whether you D/Load a whole album or just some tracks from an album. At least thats what's happening on my L920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb