Removing some bloatware

knapper91

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Haven't tried to do this since I was on android. But I installed the 8.1 update a couple of days ago, wondering if there is a way to uninstall some of the junk stock apps that I will never use.

knapper91

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Which apps you want to uninstall? and why?

Stuff like the Office, onenote and some of the others. And mostly just to free up space and some performance. Also I'm not very keen on the new ap list setup since its folder organized. (weird OCD thing kicking in)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Stuff like the Office, onenote and some of the others. And mostly just to free up space and some performance. Also I'm not very keen on the new ap list setup since its folder organized. (weird OCD thing kicking in)

Those are core parts and cannot be removed. Frankly, I'm confused.
Why
Why
That's almost like asking how to delete Settings?
Personally I rely on those, so of course my use case is different, but the most you can do is unpin them and ignore them in the app list.

While it could free up space, there will be zero performance gains.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Those are core parts and cannot be removed. Frankly, I'm confused.
Why
Why
That's almost like asking how to delete Settings?
Personally I rely on those, so of course my use case is different, but the most you can do is unpin them and ignore them in the app list.

While it could free up space, there will be zero performance gains.

Well here's why for me.

I uninstalled both glance and double tap.Let the phone settle in without them,and my sensitivity screen issue went away. I reinstalled them and added glance to peek..not double tap..and the sensitivity issue is 10x better. Without both,there was none..si at least for my phone,these 2 sys apps are the issue with the sensitivity of the screen.

With App Pusher you can put them back.

You can get silly with any tool,but,for a preview like 8.1 it's nice to be able to utilize properly.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99