GRAPHICS PERFOMANCE Lags after windows 8.1 update (Lumia 1520)

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that almost every game lags every 10-30 seconds while playing games after updating to 8.1

I know it's in Beta , I just wanna know if anyone here also experiences game lags.

Asphalt 8
Modern Combat
Frozen
even jelly smash lags.

there is a a "quick" fix though.. a soft reset will smooth things for sometime and it will go laggy again.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
@OP: Yes the occasional lags would be ironed out with the Cyan firmware, the 1520 has the best SOC at the moment (in WPs) and the performance improvement would be considerable with the latest firmware when it gets released

Pramod A

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes.. You are correct.. I'm using Lumia 1520 and it does lag even with playing games with less graphics (even Subway Surfers lags).

Although, I did notice the lag even in Windows Phone 8 (before upgrading to Developer Preview Option)..

Hope this gets fixed in Windows Phone 8.1 Final Build..

Do let me know if anyone has found any workaround.. (I did reset the phone and even re-installed phone 8 using PC & Nokia Software Updater then re-installed the developer preview for 8.1 but still the same issue)..

Thank you for your time. :)

cmy102

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, yes. I do encounter lags on dp update 3 on my lumia 1520 as well. It sort off dampens the gaming experience on this awesome phone.

Games which I am playing and am feel lag here and there.
1. Angry Birds Rio (feels like I am getting lesser fps)
2. Asphalt 8 (the lag makes it unplayable)

Haitham Elshrkawy

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have 1320 and it lags in all games especially in Subway Surfers. Loading in all apps takes more time. I think it's processing problems or what?!
I'm on 8.1 dev previews and I searched the web for a solution but nothing please help me.

noobchief

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820, I have very minor lag occasionally, and I'm on 8.1 preview too. I only experience lag on frozen free fall only after the latest update for that game. Or else no problem for me

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Tip: Unpin Cortana in order to minimize lag when going to start menu. IDK why it lags even cortana live tile is just breathe effect.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and have also experienced lag on a lot of games, even before 8.1 There are two parts to the problem (possibly combo of both or separate issues on their own):

1. If Gameloft actually optimized their code for the higher end 60hz refresh rate screens and our chipsets for smooth performance, as opposed to just copying the code over and simply porting it to Windows Phone, there would be smoother performance. They've pretty much copied apps over and told us "you're welcome" without caring about performance.

2. Doubt this makes much of a difference, but we are still missing drivers that the Cyan update will bring. These could include all kinds of behind-the-scene changes and (seemingly) unrelated stuff that may enhance graphics performance in games and throughout the OS as a whole as well.

I'm a little less hopeful in #2 solving a lot of the problems (when it comes to the games performance, not the OS) and have come to the conclussion that, until Gameloft views Windows Phone users as valuable as iOS/Android users (as this is even a problem on Android as well with fragmentation with the huge array of chipsets and devices), we won't see any improvements in the quality of games....

ddaflorez

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
+1. My phone lags on every game i play, specially With FIFA 14. Wtf ? I can not explain that if it is supposed this phone has an amazing hardware even compared with android smartphones. What is happening with the lumia 1520 ? I hope this to be fixed with the cyan firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb