Quickly jump to bottom of start screen?

Joerg Poetzsch

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

when you are on the start screen, tapping the "back" key always lets you jump to the top of the start screen.
Going to the bottom of the start screen takes a few swipes down: the longer the start screen gets, the more swipes you have to do to get there.

Is there a trick to quickly jump to the bottom of the start screen? Maybe an app with a pinned tile that you hit to jump all the way down at once?

Thanks
Joerg

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

when you are on the start screen, tapping the "back" key always lets you jump to the top of the start screen.
Going to the bottom of the start screen takes a few swipes down: the longer the start screen gets, the more swipes you have to do to get there.

Is there a trick to quickly jump to the bottom of the start screen? Maybe an app with a pinned tile that you hit to jump all the way down at once?

Thanks
Joerg

The short answer to this would be No :( You would just have to rearrange your screen so the apps you care about or at the top :)

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Thanks
Joerg

I agree with you on this. I now have three vertical pages of start screens, the most recently pinned to start apps or items (things I am now currently the most interested in) go to the bottom by default, meaning I would have to customize the icons yet again to put them in a more practical location nearer the top.

I think it could be done by adding a double tap capability to the back button. A single press brings you to the top page of your home screen, and a long press brings up the recent or running apps, why not add a double tap of the back button to bring you to the bottom page of the start screen?

Joerg Poetzsch

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you on this. I now have three vertical pages of start screens, the most recently pinned to start apps or items (things I am now currently the most interested in) go to the bottom by default, meaning I would have to customize the icons yet again to put them in a more practical location nearer the top.

I think it could be done by adding a double tap capability to the back button. A single press brings you to the top page of your home screen, and a long press brings up the recent or running apps, why not add a double tap of the back button to bring you to the bottom page of the start screen?

Sounds like a good idea. But how do you assign this function to the back button?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
What are you planning to do with that 2 seconds that you would save?

It's not so much the time it takes to do something but rather the convenience and elegance of the action. I don't want to look like I'm dj'ing on my phone just to reach the bottom of my start screen.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
"It's not so much the time it takes to do something but rather the convenience and elegance of the action. I don't want to look like I'm dj'ing on my phone just to reach the bottom of my start screen."

Well, if you are like most of us, whatever is at the bottom are the least used items. So, how often do you need to get there, elegantly?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
"It's not so much the time it takes to do something but rather the convenience and elegance of the action. I don't want to look like I'm dj'ing on my phone just to reach the bottom of my start screen."

Well, if you are like most of us, whatever is at the bottom are the least used items. So, how often do you need to get there, elegantly?

Actually, apps towards the bottom of my start screen aren't the least used. I just use a number of wide tiles for glanceable info so my start screen is somewhat longer. Apps like Bings news, sports, WPCentral, Weave. Therefore it would be nice to jump to the bottom, just like you can jump to the top.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre