How do I fix Microsoft Account not syncing?

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so my Microsoft account has not been synced for a week now. That means contacts, emails, calendar, everything. I've tried the old fixes of turning off text message backups and resetting, but it still does not sync. It also gives me the error code 80C8057C which doesn't even show up when I google it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or is it just a situation where I have to either hard reset or wait for an update?

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yikes-- that's scary--

I rely on Microsoft synchronization for many of my job-related functions.

I'll not install 8.1 unless I KNOW this issue is taken care of.

Sureshr

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I faced this sync issue (Microsoft account, linkedin and twitter stopped syncing) for months and I believe it was related to the built-in twitter app . Upgrading to WP8.1 didn't help me much but the problem went away when I installed the new twitter beta app (its not available in store now).

It's been 2 weeks now, issues so far.

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok, now here's something interesting. I went to go change the time back to automatically update after I reset the phone, but it was already set to automatic update. So I tried taking that off and resetting again, and when I checked the date+time again it was reset to automatically update. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but now I'm gonna try digging a little more.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now here's something interesting. I went to go change the time back to automatically update after I reset the phone, but it was already set to automatic update. So I tried taking that off and resetting again, and when I checked the date+time again it was reset to automatically update. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but now I'm gonna try digging a little more.

I tried the same and it automatically sets itself as "automatic". I also had that same problem with syncing (cme out the blue, never changed any settings). I contacted ms support chat and they told me to manually set the date. Come to find out, my date had changed and was off a few minutes and that was enough to screw my syncing.

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so my Microsoft account has not been synced for a week now. That means contacts, emails, calendar, everything. I've tried the old fixes of turning off text message backups and resetting, but it still does not sync. It also gives me the error code 80C8057C which doesn't even show up when I google it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or is it just a situation where I have to either hard reset or wait for an update?
I had the same problem. I logged into my account from a browser and removed the linkedin link. Then I was trying various things on my phone and it suddenly started syncing. I guess I got lucky.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue on wp8. All I did was go into the account settings for my Microsoft account, change the server from 404 to 406, manually sync and then it worked, reverted back to 404 and that was it.

It happened again a few days later but I repeated the process and it never happened again.

May be worth trying

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Man, my phone must be REALLY jacked up. I tried to change the server and it wouldn't change. Also, tried changing the time by a minute or two and that didn't work either.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
What if you change the number and try to sync immediately?

The only thing I can think of is a hard reset with a fresh install and set it up from scratch unfortunately.

dversa

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Try to disable 2 step authentication in your Hotmail/outlook account settings.
I had the same problem when i changed to a new phone (1020 finally ;-)) recently. i was unable to sign on using my credentials.
Once you successfully log on on to your phone, change back to 2 step authentication .

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Try to disable 2 step authentication in your Hotmail/outlook account settings.
I had the same problem when i changed to a new phone (1020 finally ;-)) recently. i was unable to sign on using my credentials.
Once you successfully log on on to your phone, change back to 2 step authentication .
Omg, epic advice!! Or alternatively try and log into the Microsoft account on your phone with an authorized app password that you can setup on your email page. Will acheive the same as above also.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok. A year ago I had the same issue after I refreshed my Surface. When you do that, it requires you to rename your device. I used the exact same name it already was using. Took me a while to figure this out, but there is some compatibility issue if it sees two devices identified identically. I couldn't sync my Microsoft app, I couldn't log into Xbox live, etc. I deleted the profile for the name of the device it was originally called and it fixed it all.

That being said, I just had the sync issue appear again. This time it happened at the exact same time my twitter account vanished. I couldn't get in it. Couldn't reset it. Contacted twitter and they say there is no account I'm mentioning and there never has (even though it is a four year old account). So I'm sitting in the same boat as you. My email app keeps saying I have a security certificate issue. Trying to resync apps on Windows 8 fails out. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss