Possible solution to Right Headphone going out problem

glueshoe65

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Have seen some threads discussing the issue on 8.1 where the right headphones goes out. It can be solved be a soft reset but obviously this is annoying.

I have a Lumia 920 and what I've noticed is that this issue only occurs when headphones are plugged in while the phone is on silent mode and I receive a text message or other notification. It triggers some sort of cracking noise to the headphones and from then on the right side goes out.
But when I put the phone on vibrate with headphones in, there is no cracking sound and no problems.

So putting the phone on vibrate is what has worked for me. It's not a perfect solution, but I thought it might help some people. Sorry if this technique has been brought up already.

supask8a23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too have this same problem! I actually only ever have my phone on vibrate but when I listen to podcasts I get the crackling noise and then my left headphone always goes out, what seems to work to bring the sound back temporarily is (and this is weird I know) but is to go to the "settings" page and scroll up and down and up and down and the sound will come back, I really hope they can fix this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3